Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many of NSC were attending matches in the REAL dark days?

Were you attending the Albion in the dark days?

• Yup I was there

Votes: 97 88.2%
  • Nope, not there

Votes: 13 11.8%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I really am staggered by the expectations of what seems like the majority on NSC this w/e.

Maybe I don't set my heights high enough I accept, but I look at what we have now and what we went through not so long ago and in my opinion this doesn't even come close to being as bad .

How many of you were attending in the Stanley days?

This is in no way meant to be a pro or anti MM thread, just a poll to see how many are too young to have been around then.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
My Dad started taking me about 92/93, so yep, I was there.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes, but at the same time we are a MASSIVE club, just look at our history and trophy cabinet.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
:clap2:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yes I did, admittedly not that many games, but I never gave either hope or going whenever I could. I might add that Gloucester is the closest I have lived to Brighton, by some distance, since the mid 90's (not offering that up as an excuse for not going more, but geography and cost have certainly been an issue for long periods of the last decade or so). I will be at Bristol on Saturday and would go even if we had lost the last ten games and not just two, it is only 40 miles or so down the road, considerably closer than a home game.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Well i was there back in the Archie Macauley days, back in the old div 3 and 4 days, some of them were a bit hairy, so i would consider myself a faithfull supporter, been supporting the albion for about 38 years now, and i do go to as many games as i can, considering the distance etc etc

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, what you are suggesting is that due to the problems in the 90s we should never ever set our ambitions too high? We should feel extremely grateful whenever we finish above 91st in The Football League?

Or is there some time period after which we can move on from the Stanley/Archer era?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Since 63. Scraping along in division 4.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tubthumper said:
So, what you are suggesting is that due to the problems in the 90s we should never ever set our ambitions too high? We should feel extremely grateful whenever we finish above 91st in The Football League?

Or is there some time period after which we can move on from the Stanley/Archer era?

Nope, just interested in who on NSC was watching the Albion then.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Tubthumper said:

Yes, when we have some money and a ground to play in, until then, the shadow of Stanley, Archer and Belotti will continue to stain the club and prevent real progress being made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here