Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many more times is Dean Cox going to get man of the match?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Dougal said:
wasn't even in the top 3 players on Saturday

Mayo , Rents , Hammond , Robinson all easily ahead of him.

Nice pass for the 3rd though

It's a game of opinions. Cox and Hinsh were the only two possible MOM's in my book. They are the quality players in our squad - perhaps with Henderson and Lynch on a good day.

Rents, Hammond and Robinson were all decent performances against weak opposition.

Mayo - you are having a bubble.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Does MOTM really matter that much, ffs?

I thought Cox had a pretty good first half (his ability to spot and accurately deliver a long pass is breathtaking IMHO), and then faded slightly in the second, but he was by no means crap. It comes to something when the odd person seems to be criticising him for falling fractionally below the stratospheric levels he's generally displayed this season!

I'd have said maybe Revell for MOTM in that particular game, but I'm sure the players aren't going to lose sleep over it.

Was pleased to see Hammond have a good match against Stafford, and I thought Fraser had his best game yet. He seemed quite at home in the middle and you could see he really wanted the ball.

You know what, this group of Albion players EXCITES me. We're going to win plenty of games, and I also know we're going to lose a fair few as well, but somehow losing seems so much more bearable than it would have been with all of McGhee's deadwood blundering about the pitch.

It's probably because of all the local lads in the side, but I just get the impression the crowd are prepared to give them much more of a chance, and to put up with a few losses in the short term, just to see what this group of lads can do once they've all gained a bit of experience. It's nice to think the crowd aren't going to jump instantly on the players' backs the second they make a mistake. And I feel like we've got a future to look forward to.

Makes for a much better atmosphere at Withdean.

:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here