Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many more times is Dean Cox going to get man of the match?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
London Irish said:
I would have chosen Robinson but Cox was up there for me.

I agree although I am at risk of sounding like a deceased horse.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
...without actually having a very good game?

Yet he never seems to get the award when he plays to his best!

Didn't see him do much at all today, other than a header late on.

He'll keep on getting Man Of The Match til he gets Player Of The Season - cos with him in the side, Jakey has the confidence to try things, Alex Revell has the space to run about like a mad thing and the goal celebrations prove they are A Band Of Brothers who came up through the ranks under The Deans and who look as eager as a bunch of schoolkids in the playground.

A far cry from the crap discredited days of McGhee - who never rated Jakey - and the ponce that was CKR.

Still think the club have been distracted FAR too much by the Joghnstones Piss Pot & playing non-league fall-guys in the FA Cup, but the home-grown nucleus of the team is there for the future. If they're not the finished article this season, then they will be next seaon.

Joe Gatting's not going to make the step up in class tho, same as Chris M<cPhee. IMHO like

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Revell ran his heart out today and nodded down countless headers. MOM by a mile.

I though Revell for his workrate alone. Cox showed some nice touches though and some of his passing was good.
Why don't the club set-up an SMS text vote for MOTM? Then we would all get a chance to vote on the players, instead of the sponsors, who quite frankly seem to be watching a different game to the rest of us!!!
Any thoughts on the idea?
Could it be set-up easily?
Could NSC set it up?
Any posters out there with some technical knowledge on the subject?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I thought Hammond had one of his best games in years on saturday and was surprised to hear Cox given the award this week.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
London Irish said:
Cox was up there for me.

:eek: up where

Its time we all had those buttons like on who wants to be a millionaire.

The sponsors are probably all drunk by the second half, if the sponsors actually watched the game then on a game like the Stoke on last year they would have chosen one of our non playing subs

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The sponsors will always choose whoever they want to have their photo taken with. Frankly the MOTM is an irrelevance anyway. They are putting essential cash into the club and that is what matters. Let them choose whoever they like.

For what its worth it was Cox, Robinson or Hinshelwood Saturday.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Fourteenth Eye said:
It wouldnt be that fine establishment in Gloucester Road would it??

I forget the name of the place!!! could anyone remind me ??

Swallows?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
hans kraay fan club said:
The sponsors will always choose whoever they want to have their photo taken with...

So what's the big attraction with 'Tiny' Cox then ??

FWIW he was the most skilful player on the pitch, by some distance, on Saturday. His off the ball running, midfield generalling, and long-range passing put him in a class above the rest.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Titanic said:
So what's the big attraction with 'Tiny' Cox then ??

FWIW he was the most skilful player on the pitch, by some distance, on Saturday. His off the ball running, midfield generalling, and long-range passing put him in a class above the rest.

You won't get any argument from me. He is consistently one of our best players along with Hinsh, who because of the position he plays is never going to catch the eye in the same way.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
wasn't even in the top 3 players on Saturday

Mayo , Rents , Hammond , Robinson all easily ahead of him.

Nice pass for the 3rd though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here