Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many games?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I should think Mcghee has two games to save his job, a bad result against two of the worst sides in this league could spell the end.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think he will have this month to really save his job. That should take the total to 12 or so and that should give us a fair indicator of how we are boing.

Of our three defeats, two have been on the road and Crewe are a decent team, fully expecting them to be buzzing about the top 6.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
BarrelofFun said:
Trigger. Were you at the cricket yesterday? I was the chap helping Grizzly move the sight screen when Hants were timewasting! :angry:
Course I was there... Over on the benches, front row, where were you exactly?...

And to keep this thread on track... McGhee OUT!

DK is unlikely to dump McGhee so soon after fighting for him to be kept on pre-season so I would be very surprised if he goes this month. But if results do not improve I think he will be gone before christmas.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Trigger said:
Course I was there... Over on the benches, front row, where were you exactly?...

And to keep this thread on track... McGhee OUT!

The sea end - by the sight screen. No more 4 day cricket at Hove until next year. :cry: We seemed to enjoy the fielding - messing about with the ball, laughing and joking. The pressure is on Lancs I guess.

I agree with Tommy Boy. 12 games should give us a better idea. End of this month and evaluate then.

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
BarrelofFun said:
The sea end - by the sight screen. No more 4 day cricket at Hove until next year. :cry: We seemed to enjoy the fielding - messing about with the ball, laughing and joking. The pressure is on Lancs I guess.
Get yourself down there on the 13th for the Glamorgan Twenty/20, come and share in our Magners delights, no members area for that game so you can join us on the benches.

And 12 games?... Yes I agree, 12 games into last season that is.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Give him until Christmas, I for one think this is a season of rebuilding and consolidation at the club and anything above halfway would be a reasonable season. I would only get rid if we were in a real relegation dogfight come the turn of the New Year.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
crodonilson said:
Give him until Christmas, I for one think this is a season of rebuilding and consolidation at the club and anything above halfway would be a reasonable season. I would only get rid if we were in a real relegation dogfight come the turn of the New Year.

So leaving a replacement with no time to bring new players in and valuate the squad, that was the crazy kind of actions we saw when Hinslewood was the gaffer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I want him gone now ideally, while there's still time to repair the damage with some loan signings to tide us over till January. Its already apparent that signing a contract to play for McGhee is about as tempting as an invite to a pool party at Barrymores.

Get rid. Then perhaps we'll finally see some players joining, instead of a constant stream of excuses. Cos make no mistake - with the squad as its stands right now, we are in for one hell of a rough ride in this division, specially as its bottom 4 that make the drop. Anyone who thinks we'll be comfortably mid-table this season is in for as rude awakening methinks.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Easy 10 said:
I want him gone now ideally, while there's still time to repair the damage with some loan signings to tide us over till January. Its already apparent that signing a contract to play for McGhee is about as tempting as an invite to a pool party at Barrymores.

Get rid. Then perhaps we'll finally see some players joining, instead of a constant stream of excuses. Cos make no mistake - with the squad as its stands right now, we are in for one hell of a rough ride in this division, specially as its bottom 4 that make the drop. Anyone who thinks we'll be comfortably mid-table this season is in for as rude awakening methinks.

I've said for ages that I don't think MM has got the ability to attract players to the club.

I also don't think that he has got as much time as some people seem to think. I posted somewhere yesterday that the next three games are critical for him. An absolute minimum of 4 points is required, and if we don't get them, I honestly believe he is in trouble.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
MUST go now, i think we have an outside chance of making the play offs with the squad we have, MM has turned a reasonble team into a useless pile of shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here