Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many games will Vicente be involved in...

How many times will Vicente be in a matchday squad between now and the end of season?

• 0, nil,zero, zilch, nada, he doesn't really exist

Votes: 27 16.1%
  • 1-5

Votes: 43 25.6%
  • 6-10

Votes: 55 32.7%
  • 11-15

Votes: 32 19.0%
  • 16-20

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • 21 or more (you freaking lunatic)

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
f*** all. Ooh someone brushed past me so im injureoo hoo but can i have my wages please.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Personally I think we will see him more and more before the end of the season. I suspect Gus will only play him when he is fully fit which will coincide with what will turn out to be a fruitless push for a play-off place. I don't think the story is over for this lad but only time will tell.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Despite the fact he used to be one of Europe's best players. ANY player with that tag is still quality even at the end of their career. He will obviously play more games for us but we should be pleased that he has played in one game, let alone 4!
Big diffrence between IS and WAS,yes he was quality and still is if he plays,but you have to look at the financial side of things and whats best for the club.

Least he only signed for 1 year as thats a big bonus:)

pintsawhiskey

Apr 17, 2010
bn1
Here's a question painter signed up for a year, or Vicente for a year, I know the wages money's different, but i know what my choice would be.

And the week euto exchange rate would help us!

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Im sure he wouldnt leave sunny spain to come to wet and cold Brighton for money he probably doesn't need. Anyone thourght that he could be helping with the younger players sharing his knowledge of playing at the highest level. If he could play 20+ games a season do you think he would be in the championship? Why is he getting so much stick yet Hoskins isnt? Vicente has got more to offer than just playing. Look at the bigger picture

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You can have an opinion without being abusive and stating he is a disgrace to his profession. A small number of people have said we should get rid without the unecessary abuse.

I appreciate your view but a don't consider I have been abusive. I hate to break the news but Vicente does not give a flying toss about BHAFC or any of its fans. That why I don't give him the respect as what he did before us is irrelevant imo. We have had freeloaders before , all clubs have, and will in the future. Vicente is a freeloader and I would rather have a Gary Hart or Kerry Mayo anyday of the week. We want to build a team of players who actually want to put the shirt on , fight for their place and be pissed off when they are not selected not someone who looks for every excuse under the sun not to play, whilst picking up his pay at the same time.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I appreciate your view but a don't consider I have been abusive. I hate to break the news but Vicente does not give a flying toss about BHAFC or any of its fans. That why I don't give him the respect as what he did before us is irrelevant imo. We have had freeloaders before , all clubs have, and will in the future. Vicente is a freeloader and I would rather have a Gary Hart or Kerry Mayo anyday of the week. We want to build a team of players who actually want to put the shirt on , fight for their place and be pissed off when they are not selected not someone who looks for every excuse under the sun not to play, whilst picking up his pay at the same time.
You talk like you have some inside information, or actually know something but you don't do you? You're just guessing, loudly, confidently and ignorantly. He's missed a load of games. Like Hoskins, Buckley... But he gets all the stick for some reason. The club don't help with keep telling us players (note, players) are nearly fit but you don't help by posting opinions as shouty, angry facts in the voice of a toddler who's mummy took his sweeties away. Debate's fine, this is just shouting :cheers: :albion2:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You talk like you have some inside information, or actually know something but you don't do you? You're just guessing, loudly, confidently and ignorantly. He's missed a load of games. Like Hoskins, Buckley... But he gets all the stick for some reason. The club don't help with keep telling us players (note, players) are nearly fit but you don't help by posting opinions as shouty, angry facts in the voice of a toddler who's mummy took his sweeties away. Debate's fine, this is just shouting :cheers: :albion2:

I'd happily give Hoskins more stick than Vicente if that helps at all.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
you talk like you have some inside information, or actually know something but you don't do you? You're just guessing, loudly, confidently and ignorantly. He's missed a load of games. Like hoskins, buckley... But he gets all the stick for some reason. The club don't help with keep telling us players (note, players) are nearly fit but you don't help by posting opinions as shouty, angry facts in the voice of a toddler who's mummy took his sweeties away. Debate's fine, this is just shouting :cheers: :albion2:

i am not shouting.

Oct 25, 2003

you're doing that thing again where you confuse 'fact' with 'opinion'

you do it quite a lot....you should probably learn the difference

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
This is BEAUTIFUL and I want to see a hell of a lot more of it:

VicenteBrighton_2664139.jpg

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Vicente is a freeloader and I would rather have a Gary Hart or Kerry Mayo anyday of the week.

I cant believe I have actually just read that.

I tried to let it go because you are clearly in one of your 'depths of despair' levels in your bi-polar, but I just cant.

You're one of these people who would rather we were back at Withdean, aren't you? With small crowds so you can feel like you are part of some exclusive club where you get to talk to the Chairman and pretend that he is your friend.

Good God.

Vicente? Kerry Mayo? Gary Hart?

I think I need a lie down.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I cant believe I have actually just read that.

I tried to let it go because you are clearly in one of your 'depths of despair' levels in your bi-polar, but I just cant.

You're one of these people who would rather we were back at Withdean, aren't you? With small crowds so you can feel like you are part of some exclusive club where you get to talk to the Chairman and pretend that he is your friend.

Good God.

Vicente? Kerry Mayo? Gary Hart?

I think I need a lie down.

Its been a tough year and I am badly depressed and on antidepressants so lap it up mate. My point about having players who WANT to play seems to have gone over your head. I assume the dig about Dick Knight was in relation in getting him and the club involved and supportive of the REMF in my 10 years as Chairman so thats a low blow. Dick Knight is not a friend, I have never said so, I know him very loosely through the REMF thats it.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Its been a tough year and I am badly depressed and on antidepressants so lap it up mate. My point about having players who WANT to play seems to have gone over your head.

OK I didn't realise that, I apologise for saying that.

But it's you that is missing the point. Do you KNOW that Vicente doesn't want to play? Or are you just completely making that up? THINK about it. If you were a 30 year old, absolute top-class footballer, who had stacks of money, but had fallen out of favour at one of the top Spanish sides, what possible reason would there be for you to sign for an English 2nd tier club? To go and live in a cold, rainy country, that is a million miles away from your luxury pad in one of the nicest cities in Europe?

a) To NOT play football, to claim injury all the time, and pick up your 9substantially lower) wages each week for a year, before retiring.

Or

b) To try and re-launch your career, to prove you are still a top player and can play at the highest level, and to EARN yourself a move to a top club again.

If you genuinely think that the answer is option a), then why on earth would he have come to Brighton to do this? Do you not think he would have gone to the Middle East, the MLS or that ridiculously rich Russian team that Roberto Carlos manages? He would have earnt a hell of a lot more money and had a far better lifestyle in those places (possibly not in Russia).

This "Vicente is just here for the money, he doesn't want to play" point of view just does not make any sense whatsoever. If you actually take time to THINK about it, then it was actually a pretty f***ing brave decision of his to come to us. He doesn't speak English, he is no doubt on a hell of a lot less money than he would have been in the MLS or Dubai or wherever, and he has to live in a place that is miserable and cold for 70% of the year.

f***ing good on the lad for being man enough to take on the challenge and try and get himself fit enough to be a top player again, because an awful lot of footballers would have taken the easy way out and gone and sat on a beach in Dubai for 100 grand a week. I really, really hope it works out for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here