Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Many BHA Fans Running The Brighton Marathon?

Well I certainly am! So at least one!!

The training has been going well & the weather has been kind for my long runs. An 18 mile plod from Shoreham to The Marina tomorrow am for me, then two weeks of taking it easier.

Have seen a fair number of signs on the streets advising of road closures on the 18th.

This maybe my 29th marathon, but it is getting exciting!
Possibly because it's the first Brighton marathon & in my home city.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
My first as one as wel. Did just over 20 miles last week (just about) so a nice 15er on the cards for tomorrow I think.

Not overly confident on getting a decent time however.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
One of my lads, an occasional poster, will be doing it but has had trouble with his training. he's done the London twice so i reckon he'll finish but just not in the time he might have hoped for.

I'll be out there and cheering on any Albion shirts, although not sure if they are the best to run in. Indeed, if you are wondering on what shirt to wear then how about a T shirt with your name on? You get loads of encouragement and people shouting your name.

Alfie22

Mar 12, 2008
Was supposed to be but have not run for 7 weeks due to a combination of shin splints and bronchitis so it might be a late decision for me...

Will be my 2nd, Beachy Head last year was the first so this should be easier!

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I'll be running in an Albion shirt, but I've got a baselayer to go under it so I don't chafe to shit.

Did my 12 miles today without a hitch apart from dodging all the tourists on the seafront.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Me, though I had a bad day today.

I strted the Compton 40, but I only finished the Compton 20.

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010
number 6! Ill be running my first one, did 20miles last weekend but tapering down now.
Me and two mates are running for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, raised about £1400 so far between 3 of us.

D

Deleted User X18H

Me Doing twenty tomorrow or maybe 18 dependant on cold virus, hacking cough, sore throat etc.

Gluteus Maximus

Jul 10, 2003
Trumpton
I'll be there with a love that will shelter you, I'll be there with a love that will see you through, when you feel lost and about to give up (to give up)...

Number 7000 and something signing in.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
This will be my 3rd full marathon after 2 Londons and it don't get any easier
We should start a football team, we certainly wouldn't be short of stamina in the 90th minute and Johnnie Byrne would score bundles for us
I highly recommend if anyone has not done any training runs between the Lagoon and Carats Cafe to do so. This stretch of road is seemingly endless and will be the most gruelling part of the race with very few spectators to cheer people on there

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
This will be my 3rd full marathon after 2 Londons and it don't get any easier
We should start a football team, we certainly wouldn't be short of stamina in the 90th minute and Johnnie Byrne would score bundles for us
I highly recommend if anyone has not done any training runs between the Lagoon and Carats Cafe to do so. This stretch of road is seemingly endless and will be the most gruelling part of the race with very few spectators to cheer people on there

I agree, the run past the power station is f***ing boring plus there is a waft of shit as you pass the water treatment plant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here