Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many are you taking?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I'm up in Liverpool sadly. It's the one game i'd really love to watch but otherwise engaged. Think/hope it will be a cracking game. I really think we're coming nto our own now and we'll give Cardiff as big a challenge as they've had at home this season. I reckon a draw is most likely but hoping a piece of Vicente genius will swing it. All I can add is that cardiff couldn't be playing us at a worst time. We're as good as we've ever been and hope however many we take, it's a great occasion.

The pride of Cymru

Feb 16, 2013
Pride. I see you've only dropped 5 points at home this season (where as we've dropped 23) which is fantastic form. How many games have you won but deserved to draw or lose? Only a few teams (yourselves & Millwall included) have deserved a draw at the Amex yet we've managed to draw 7 games, mostly against sides who've set up for the draw and usually nicked a goal somehow. Do you get many sides coming to Cardiff for a draw? If so, you've obviously got the knack of winning. You'll be glad to hear that we won't be sitting back for a draw!

In all honesty mate the last 5 or 6 teams who've come to us and have played for a draw and only Ipswich have pulled it off.

I think the way you play could match us and make it hard for us.

Should be a good game!

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Been here 28 years fella and we are very happy thanks.

Sorry i should have stuck the tounge in cheek smiley on the end of that, i'm not stupid enough to realise that there arent some very nice areas round there (well Bridgend maybe).

In fact a good friend of mine owns CandyShack in Bridgend town centre. If you're ever in the market for some sweets, nip in.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Sorry i should have stuck the tounge in cheek smiley on the end of that, i'm not stupid enough to realise that there arent some very nice areas round there (well Bridgend maybe).

In fact a good friend of mine owns CandyShack in Bridgend town centre. If you're ever in the market for some sweets, nip in.

A very good friend of mine, she owns the book stall that backs onto the Candy Shack in the same market, in fact I will be there tomorrow.

And yes when you start going to Ogmore and southerndown and Merthyr Mawr dunes and many places like that they are really lovely areas, if people were to base everything on the Port Talbot steel works then yes it does look a bit drab, we actually live just outside of Bridgend but its always easier for me to say Bridgend.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
A very good friend of mine, she owns the book stall that backs onto the Candy Shack in the same market, in fact I will be there tomorrow.

And yes when you start going to Ogmore and southerndown and Merthyr Mawr dunes and many places like that they are really lovely areas, if people were to base everything on the Port Talbot steel works then yes it does look a bit drab, we actually live just outside of Bridgend but its always easier for me to say Bridgend.

I work drug Detection dogs (although i wont say what agency) and was down there for 2 weeks. After a days work in Pyle, Port Talbort, Merthyr Tydfll etc. it was quite nice to take the dogs up to Merthyr Mawr for a free run. It was one of the most spectacular places i've ever been. Quite amazing that you can be somewhere like that one min and then 5 mins drive away be back in a fairly run down council estate somewhere.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
I work drug Detection dogs (although i wont say what agency) and was down there for 2 weeks. After a days work in Pyle, Port Talbort, Merthyr Tydfll etc. it was quite nice to take the dogs up to Merthyr Mawr for a free run. It was one of the most spectacular places i've ever been. Quite amazing that you can be somewhere like that one min and then 5 mins drive away be back in a fairly run down council estate somewhere.

I think it's like everywhere in the country, you have good areas and bad, I agree Port Talbot and Merthyr Tydfil are not the most desirable of places, but again if you go around Margam between Port Talbot and Pyle it really is nice there.

The Candy Shack, is it the elderly lady that actually owns it, I have spoken to the people who work there many times, and if you don't know the girl who owns the book stall backing onto it, take a look, she is worth it :) she is a very close friend of ours and I go and see her quite ofton, as I said I will be popping in to see her tomorrow.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
The Candy Shack, is it the elderly lady that actually owns it, I have spoken to the people who work there many times, and if you don't know the girl who owns the book stall backing onto it, take a look, she is worth it :) she is a very close friend of ours and I go and see her quite ofton, as I said I will be popping in to see her tomorrow.

Are we talking about the new sweet shop on the corner, opened in the middle of last year? It's run by a chap called steve who did 25 years in the armed forces and was then made redundant. He put all his money into the shop and as far as i know it's just him that works there with a couple of girls who do part time hours.

Welcome to the Candy Shack - Bridgend...

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'll be there.

(not bringing my pick and shovel mind)

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Can see it being quite high scoring as I don't see Cardiff doing the usual 11 men behind the ball which most teams seem to do against us..

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I will wave out of the window as I will be flyingback from Dublin, Tuesday night.

1-0 cardiff I fear

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'll be glad to get back to watching two decent teams play at the CCS, as Bristol yesterday was our 1st home match in over a month and they were shite. Can't see them staying up.

Wonder if O'Driscoll will save them though. Peterborough look screwed, could easily see Huddersfield getting sucked in if Robins doesn't turn them round. There's usually a (relatively) big club flirting with the drop too. Birmingham, perhaps?

I'm heading down for the game, new ground for me & Cardiff is a decent city, looking forward to it.

The pride of Cymru

Feb 16, 2013
Wonder if O'Driscoll will save them though. Peterborough look screwed, could easily see Huddersfield getting sucked in if Robins doesn't turn them round. There's usually a (relatively) big club flirting with the drop too. Birmingham, perhaps?

I'm heading down for the game, new ground for me & Cardiff is a decent city, looking forward to it.

Could be Wolves possibly?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Are we talking about the new sweet shop on the corner, opened in the middle of last year? It's run by a chap called steve who did 25 years in the armed forces and was then made redundant. He put all his money into the shop and as far as i know it's just him that works there with a couple of girls who do part time hours.

Welcome to the Candy Shack - Bridgend...

Aah right, sorry I was talking about the sweet stall in the Rhiw Market, it is just off Caroline street as such, but I do know the shop you have linked above.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here