Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many Albion fans at Cardiff?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Any idea? I think we took more than the 250 we were expected to bring.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Around 500 according to Yorkie

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
My guess is 500 odd but I'm usually out

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Is that netting really necessary? I mean, there were enough police to stop people throwing stuff?

Is it true Cardiff fans have been known to throw bottles filled with urine???

Nice to see that there's some sort of gantry blocking the view from the main stand, I remember last time there was a crowd of Cardiff fans in that corner shouting abuse etc.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Downloaded Penguin said:

Is it true Cardiff fans have been known to throw bottles filled with urine???

Yes, and drenched Jnr Starry at the Cardiff/Leeds fa cup game.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Total attendance was 11435

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
oh nice. How did they get the bottle into the Leeds side? The netting is there permanently??

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
It was thrown by a fan who was on the pitch at the time and I am not certain the netting was even there at the fa cup game, think it may have just been a no-mans land, it was there this season but didn't stop them (and us - not me personally, mind) launcing coins etc.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
That is disgusting, stuff like that should result in a long ban

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It tells a story though, that we can take 2k+ to Bristol City and only 500 -ish across the bridge from there.

Scum ground, scum fans, scum chairman.....

(nb - the city itself is ok, just the shite that connect themselves to the football club)

..... you reap what you sow...

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
I wouldn't put it at many more that 350.

my.php

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Richie

Did he get a double top, or was he just going for a double?:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Aug 21, 2003
birmingham
i'd guess at around 400, there must of been some problem with all the STH's not getting there allocation, someone at the club has made a mistake in not getting the tickets out to all the loyal STH's in time.

well what other reason could there be for such a piss poor turn out?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
somerset said:
It tells a story though, that we can take 2k+ to Bristol City and only 500 -ish across the bridge from there.

Scum ground, scum fans, scum chairman.....

(nb - the city itself is ok, just the shite that connect themselves to the football club)

..... you reap what you sow...

It will take a long time for the Cardiff reputation to disappear. In fact it probably never will.

I had a good day out yesterday with my 2 year old daughter. One steward asked me to put her down so I could be searched but was soon asked "what are you doing?" by one of his colleagues and I was spared the frisking I had been looking forward to.

Being a bright chap he soon spotted the 'Fruit Shoot' bottle she was carrying - "She's got a bottle, she's got a bottle!" he excitedly shouted.

"And if she can reach the pitch with it, I'll give her another one" replied his colleague with an apologetic face.

I happen to think Ninian Park is a great football stadium capable of a really decent atmosphere - there are not many grounds where the home fans lead the way in the singing stakes - it's just a shame the intimidating often went too far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here