Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how long till the crowd turns on Poyet

Dec 29, 2012
United Kingdom
Lots off very pissed off people around me today and lots of boos at the end.The first time I have heard boos at the amex,

Think if we lose to Ipswich and play shit and then do the same v Newcastle then the first Poyet out shouts will be heard

Dec 29, 2012
United Kingdom
Think Derby at home on the 12th will be the acid test, we beat them easy last season anything other than that this time will be food for thought

i think it will happen before ....when Barnes came on today and was asked to yet again play in a role where he is no good loads around me where shouting play him up front Gus you -ANKER

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
First time at the Amex I booed. I pay my money & that useless manager of ours only attempts to play attacking football when the cause is lost. Feeling was mutual all around me. At least I stayed to the end, dozens walked out in the East on 80 minutes, after 85 minutes, more than half in my row. Will they be back?

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
anyone that shouts 'gus out' in ear shot of the man should really take a long look at themselves. he has given us some of the most amazing moments of the last 30 years and deserves much more time to sort out the current problems, not to mention a bit of respect. if only all those other teams would let us win.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
anyone that shouts 'gus out' in ear shot of the man should really take a long look at themselves. he has given us some of the most amazing moments of the last 30 years and deserves much more time to sort out the current problems, not to mention a bit of respect. if only all those other teams would let us win.

The problems are his causing, it's his squad!!!!!

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden

I am not calling for his head, yet. But you have to ask the question is he developing as a manager and learning from his mistakes. We have had the same problems for the last 6 home games - yet the pattern is repeated game after game after game. Never blames himself, always the players - a team which are mostly his purchases. If he does not have the correct players now - why not ? yes we can play attractive football but nearly every other manager in the league has tactics to counteract 'the Brighton way'

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
we are competing in the top half of the second tier - have some faith in someone who has proven himself capable of putting a decent team together - just now needs to do it at a much higher level. he aint that far away.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007

He took us up from League 1, something that McGhee did on 1/10th of the budget and resources. I would say Micky Adams has done more for this club within the past 30 years than Gus to be honest (and look how quickly everyone turned on him)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sacking a manager always helps doesn't it? How many have been sacked in the Championship so far this season?

Owlseagull

Dec 29, 2012
I am waiting to see what happens in January. Next month is crucial for him, even if he doesn't see it.

If he spends big and get in strikers like what Watford had today, better midfield and more capable defense than fair play to him.

But if messes it up, does what he did the summer and spends on players of the Lopez category, doesn't get rid of deadwood and refuses to accept that the likes of Greer and El-Abd are not good enough anymore for this division in main defense then I will not be pleased and might be believe that it is time for a change comes May. I will give him the rest of this season though, why would we sack him when we are still in the top 10 with an outside chance of the play-offs in mid-season.

We would only be acting like Forest and Morecambe going down that route.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
He took us up from League 1, something that McGhee did on 1/10th of the budget and resources. I would say Micky Adams has done more for this club within the past 30 years than Gus to be honest (and look how quickly everyone turned on him)

Got to agree with all of that :clap2:

Owlseagull

Dec 29, 2012
The players he signed like CMS don't fit his system whereas Murray was and he let him go for nothing

Agreed.

If we beat the socks off of both Ipswich and Derby then I will put today as a bad day at the office but if we lose on Tuesday while playing poorly, then questions will have to asked, I am afraid. Something must be wrong if we lose there and play like s**t.

levski seagull

Jul 7, 2003
brighton
Arundel seagull just hit the nail on the head, i don't think he should be sacked (yet) but i do think he is massively overrated as a manager and at the moment we are not progressing on the pitch. Today we were awful, lots of pretty passing but did the watford keeper make a save all game?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Arundel seagull just hit the nail on the head, i don't think he should be sacked (yet) but i do think he is massively overrated as a manager and at the moment we are not progressing on the pitch. Today we were awful, lots of pretty passing but did the watford keeper make a save all game?

You're being generous. The passing wasn't even pretty.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Spot the pattern...
Fix the middle and possession: done;
Then fix the defence: done;
Next fix the strike force.. Time will tell;

Coaching wise we've got a lot of very experienced defensive ex-players. The old Ranieri formation has bled through well ... But as we've seen oppo managers have twigged it.
After all the possesion we can't score on purpose.
Gus needs a new input to fill the gap!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Spot the pattern...
Fix the middle and possession: done;
Then fix the defence: done;
Next fix the strike force.. Time will tell;

Coaching wise we've got a lot of very experienced defensive ex-players. The old Ranieri formation has bled through well ... But as we've seen oppo managers have twigged it.
After all the possesion we can't score on purpose.
Gus needs a new input to fill the gap!

Nicky Forster?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here