Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long is your working day, including travel?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
what is EMA?

An allowance given to kids in full time education, whose parents earn below a certain amount (£30 a week plus £100 bonuses in summer and Christmas). Thing is, if your parents are divorced, no matter how much one earns, if the other doesnt work or is below the given income, you are entitled. As are people who are self-employed/own their own businesses, as they simply dont declare the right earnings.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Dont like what? EMA?
No, i dont like it, and the fact is most people on it even admit that its a complete farce. Im not loaded and neither are my parents, but i dont qualify for EMA, yet those i know who have one parent on 6 figures and the other doesnt work but are divorced get £30 a week for attending college. Add on to this a £100 bonus at Christmas and in summer holidays that im aware of, which is similar to what I get paid for working 7 hours of my weekends, thus losing time to do college work etc.

£100 Bonus has been scraped as far as I know. Nobody I know is getting one.

It is a piss take that people with divorced parents get it but can you blame the kids for taking the money? 30 quid a week for doing next to nothing, no kid is going to turn that down!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't work I just let all the above posters give me a percentage of their wages each week :thumbsup: Happy days

PS - Thanks

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
£100 Bonus has been scraped as far as I know. Nobody I know is getting one.

It is a piss take that people with divorced parents get it but can you blame the kids for taking the money? 30 quid a week for doing next to nothing, no kid is going to turn that down!

Yeah i know its getting scrapped, but they still got it this summer, sorry should have made that clearer. I dont blame people for taking it one bit, i would if i could, but as you say its stupid that people with divorced parents can get it. Added to the fact that those who dont get it effectively have to work 7-10 hours a week for the same amount of money (if you add up £30 a week + 2 x £100 bonuses), thus losing time to do your college work.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I work for myself but on a normal day try and do anything between 6-7 hours work, if I am filming can literally be anything from 1 hour to 15 hours. Swings and roundabouts for me really.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Leave home at 7.15 for an hours commute to Liverpool. Usually home about 6.30. Often on the road however. This week has been Kendal, Oxford and Nottingham.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Don't do this nonsense anymore as I work from home now but I used to work in broadcast television in London, 12 hour shifts travelling up from east sussex, up at 5am to get in for 730am, (no lunch hour in tv land) worked until 730pm back to east sussex for 930pm if I was lucky. 16 hour days and nights did it for 8 years then saw the light

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
A full day is 9.15am until 8.15pm with an hour for lunch... Half a day is 9.15am until 3.15pm with no lunch... Add just over half an hour each way for the travelling...

Thank you for asking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here