Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long is your commute to work?

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Varied as I head a sales division, in Glasgow today so 4am start up to Gatwick plane up to sunny Scotland. Waiting for a 7pm flight now at the airport.

Sometimes 0 miles when working at home.

Anywhere in the UK if seeing a clent

and if in the office have to go to Farringdon so Arundel to East Croydon change there and get on the infernal Capital Connect train to Farringdon, which is the worst of the lot. Prefer driving or flying anywhere over that shambles of a service, sole destroying!! 2 hours there 2 hours back.

Chester Drawers

Apr 15, 2004
Belair
Too long ... due to all the mothers on the road (theres one up our road who drives half a mile to drop her precious cargo off at skool)... funny how they all manage to find their legs on Halloween evening ...

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
10 minutes in the car
40 minutes on the train to London
15/20 minute walk across London Bridge

Coming home is the same except it takes longer to get from station to home owing to there being more traffic

f***ing hate it !! Can't do anything about it though - as not allowed to WFH. Looking on the bright side though at least I don't have to get the bloody Tube

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
10 mins in the car, hour and a half on the train, 20 mins walk at the other end. Two hours door to door if South Eastern provide the service they should! Find it very tiring but nothing local would pay anything like it. May move to make the journey shorter.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
An hour each way by car (mostly waiting for the lights to change).

Radio or CDs all the way although the radio can be really dull in the rush hour (news news and more tedious news), and I've heard the CDs several times already.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Now its Shoreham to Goring - in the car - pleasant little 8 mile journey along the seafront of about 25 minutes if I leave early enough to miss the traffic.

Many years ago it was Shoreham to London (Canary Wharf) on the train usually with Tricky Dicky. Mostly it was pleasant enough, the odd occassion where it got annoying was when I had things to get back for - I missed a concert at the dome once as I was sat on the train all Balcombe Tunnel (or whatever its called) - very annoying....

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
3 hours 48 minutes door to desk this morning. Bloody Victoria line broken :rant:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Churchill Sq to Lower Bev, 60-90 mins on a 49a via Lewes Road, and that's sometimes without the waiting time whilst packs of 49's and 25's sail by.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Working in Farringdon was a 25 min journey.
Working in Oxford Circus was 10 mins.
Working in Windsor (now) 1h 35m ... a drag with three bus/train changes!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here