Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Long is the Gus Bus in Town For?

How Long is the Gus Bus in Town For?

• Until the end of this season only

Votes: 13 10.6%
  • This season and next regardless of managerial vacancies

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • This season and as much of next until Real Zaragoza/Spurs/Leeds sack their manager

Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Until the Premiership and beyond

Votes: 26 21.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
roberto martinez is the closest thing i think there is to poyet. his first job was turning swansea into a team that walked this league in a new stadium and then challenged for the play offs in the league above, and he was willing to leave for wigan although admittedley the ex-player thing was a factor

the life of a football manager is so short these days that it means managers want to move forward as quickly as possible. i dont think it will happen with a couple of the right additions, but if we go up and struggle then poyet is not going to be such a hot property as he is now. he might want to grab the chance to take wigan forward, and use that as a stepping stone for a better job. no top premiership side will touch him while he is with us, he needs to have done a stint at a lower-premiership side first

that makes it a case of whether he thinks he can do that, and do it successfully with us, or whether he is in a hurry and wants to get to that level asap
Sorry totally disagree.Poyet wouldn't touch a run of the mill club like Wigan regardless wether or not he has achieved anything in football to date.
I cannot see him going anywhere in the near future unless a fantastic offer comes along.He has already stated this so why doubt him? He isn't going to ever achieve what he wants to do at clubs like Wigan,Brum,Blackburn etc.
These are the jobs for limited managers like Owen Coyle who have no chance in hell in getting top offers.
I've seen enough of Poyet in this short space of time to convince me he will manage a top club in the future.We are talking about the Villa's,Everton's and higher or maybe he will go abroad?
There isn't one club in the championship i'm worried about but if i had to pick one then it would have to be Boro.Purely because they have a premiership setup and a chairman who i personally think is one of the best out there.He backs his managers well with money and isn't quick to pull the trigger either.Steve Gibson is a credit to football in general.
How about Reading :ohmy: It wouldn't suprise me to see them make an inquiry over Gus but getting Poyet is a different matter.
We really need to get promoted THIS season under Gus.
In the meantime i wouldn't worry about Poyet's future as i believe he will be here for at least 3 years.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Sorry totally disagree.Poyet wouldn't touch a run of the mill club like Wigan regardless wether or not he has achieved anything in football to date.
I cannot see him going anywhere in the near future unless a fantastic offer comes along.He has already stated this so why doubt him? He isn't going to ever achieve what he wants to do at clubs like Wigan,Brum,Blackburn etc.
These are the jobs for limited managers like Owen Coyle who have no chance in hell in getting top offers.

Agree with all of that.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I may have got this wrong but i'm sure Reading paid 250k compo for Coppell who had a year left on his contact.
Poyet is fresh from signing a 4 year deal so we must be talking a bloody hefty compo fee in the region of 1 million unless there's a clause in his new contract which can be triggered? It's all guess work of course.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've seen enough of Poyet in this short space of time to convince me he will manage a top club in the future.We are talking about the Villa's,Everton's and higher or maybe he will go abroad?
There isn't one club in the championship i'm worried about but if i had to pick one then it would have to be Boro.Purely because they have a premiership setup and a chairman who i personally think is one of the best out there.He backs his managers well with money and isn't quick to pull the trigger either.Steve Gibson is a credit to football in general.
How about Reading :ohmy: It wouldn't suprise me to see them make an inquiry over Gus but getting Poyet is a different matter.
We really need to get promoted THIS season under Gus.
In the meantime i wouldn't worry about Poyet's future as i believe he will be here for at least 3 years.
I make you about right.

We now have a stadium that puts us in amongst the pack when it comes to provincial clubs, and we're a team on the up with a wealthy chairman who would surely meet Poyet's wage demands right up until one of the big boys came knocking. At that point, its about more than just money. Three years would be my guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here