Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long before we are bigger than Palace again?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
But you still want Brighton to be in it?

That's not the point though, is it. No fan with more than three braincells (so that's Herbicide out) wants anything other than for their team to do as well as possible. If that means getting into the Premiership and getting your nose in the Sky cash-trough, fine.

That doesn't mean that the structure of a league and the uneven (some would say unfair) way that the Premiership hogs all the money and coverage while small clubs like Darlington and Chester go to the wall and even smaller clubs like Palace can't even afford to own their own ground isn't fundamentally wrong and shouldn't be questioned though.

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
That's not the point though, is it. No fan with more than three braincells (so that's Herbicide out) wants anything other than for their team to do as well as possible. If that means getting into the Premiership and getting your nose in the Sky cash-trough, fine.

That doesn't mean that the structure of a league and the uneven (some would say unfair) way that the Premiership hogs all the money and coverage while small clubs like Darlington and Chester go to the wall and even smaller clubs like Palace can't even afford to own their own ground isn't fundamentally wrong and shouldn't be questioned though.

If I had three braincells Harveys, I would happily split them 50/50 with you mate. :D

The Premiership as a league is over, H.

The same four teams will finish 1.2.3.4. next season with the only real contests being for UEFA spots and relegation. Forget it. Championship football is more like the football of old.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The Premiership as a league is over, H.

The same four teams will finish 1.2.3.4. next season with the only real contests being for UEFA spots and relegation. Forget it. Championship football is more like the football of old.

Nurse, he's having a moment of lucidity...I think he's coming round...*grits teeth* I totally agree with you.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
50% of 2 is 1

50% of 3 is 1.5

Just as easy.

What is a brain cell anyway?

Yep. Got me there. I thought isolating one whole brain cell would be easier than isolating one AND splitting another but I didn't realise I was up against Dr. Wilder Penfield.

*bows out suitably embarrassed*

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
Yep. Got me there. I thought isolating one whole brain cell would be easier than isolating one AND splitting another but I didn't realise I was up against Dr. Wilder Penfield.

*bows out suitably embarrassed*

Sooooo much better than name calling.

:lol:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
f*** Palace.

The best thing about the club owning our own ground is that when these billy big-club twats realise that the rest of us would rather not be belittled by them considering us as a "pet" club, and we grow in stature to actually prove as much - and they go and talk on their own club forums instead of spending all day on a site for ALBION fans.
still pretending to like football then simster, when are you going back to the hockey club then ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Times have changed, young fans have been lost to London clubs of will pass on that to there children.

I think you're totally wrong there, who the f*** wants to go from Brighton to London to watch decent football if it's on their doorstep in their home town or at least close to it.

With a decent team in a state of the art stadium we will get loads of fairweather/plastic/"ooh must go and have a look" types turn up at Falmer. Two or three seasons of being near the top of the Championship will see us emulate Reading and Hull and fans WILL come back. We lost a couple of generations but some will come back and people from other parts of the country will move here and want to go to decent local football

All we need is the stadium and some success playing decent football.

I mean you even go to Withdean as a Spurs fan who can't be arsed to go to London at the moment. You'll proabbly NEVER go to WHL again once we have Falmer :laugh:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think you're totally wrong there, who the f*** wants to go from Brighton to London to watch decent football if it's on their doorstep in their home town or at least close to it.

With a decent team in a state of the art stadium we will get loads of fairweather/plastic/"ooh must go and have a look" types turn up at Falmer. Two or three seasons of being near the top of the Championship will see us emulate Reading and Hull and fans WILL come back. We lost a couple of generations but some will come back and people from other parts of the country will move here and want to go to decent local football

All we need is the stadium and some success playing decent football.

I mean you even go to Withdean as a Spurs fan who can't be arsed to go to London at the moment. You'll proabbly NEVER go to WHL again once we have Falmer :laugh:

Ive been to Withdean twice this season and whl 10 :shrug:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Sooooo much better than name calling.

:lol:

Don't call names, then, especially to someone who has called you no names, only pointed out that your contribution to this board, more often than not, is inane and pointless. Enough witless name-calling goes on on this board without you adding to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here