Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long before we are bigger than Palace again?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is gonna sound a bit GAY but I'm really not interested in fighting anyone, not even a Palace fan :shrug:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
No different from other clubs in Manchester.Brighton do a huge GENUINE fan base and that is a fact.

I dont disagree.

But to suggest a new ground will stop people considering Brighton as a second club is stupid.

Im sure People consideered them a second club during the Goldstone days.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I dont disagree.

But to suggest a new ground will stop people considering Brighton as a second club is stupid.

You don't remember the Albion vs Spurs game in the old 1st Division then. Billed on MOTD as THE game of the day due to the Albion having spent some money and being on a bit of a run and one of the 1st games of Ardiles and Villa?

We were nobodys fecking PET in those days....we did get played off the park and lose though :down:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I dont disagree.

You are more likely to see fans treating the Albion as a second club now then back in the Goldstone days due to the over hyped premiershite and Albion struggling.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You don't remember the Albion vs Spurs game in the old 1st Division then. Billed on MOTD as THE game of the day due to the Albion having spent some money and being on a bit of a run and one of the 1st games of Ardiles and Villa?

We were nobodys fecking PET in those days....we did get played off the park and lose though :down:

Times have changed, young fans have been lost to London clubs of will pass on that to there children.

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
This is gonna sound a bit GAY but I'm really not interested in fighting anyone, not even a Palace fan :shrug:

Tell the truth I am well past my best, too.

Icy, you understand me don't you? If you invest WISELY in players and don't let them overinflate their wage demands, with a bit of luck you can be back within two seasons. How that sort of sentiment is anti-Brighton or trolling is beyond me.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I dont disagree.

Absolute garbage. I have zero interest in the Premiership, or any London clubs.

They are followed normally by little people, looking for some reflected glory or status in their sorry little lives.

I am ONLY inteseted in supporting my local football team, and thank God that it's Brighton & Hove Albion.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Absolute garbage. I have zero interest in the Premiership, or any London clubs.

They are followed normally by the little people in life, looking for some reflected glory or status in their sorry little existence.

I am ONLY inteseted in supportimng my local football team, and thank god it's Brighton & Hove Albion.

Thats fair enough.

But you only have to go to Brighton/ Haywards Heath station to see 100's of people going to london to watch teams

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Well I hope those people will start to head south rather than go north - the premiership is soulless, predictable, expensive and overrated.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I don't care whether people adore the Albion as their first team, or support 10 other teams more, or are new to the area and have merely heard about a local football team and want to check it out - after all that's how my old man got into it and look at what he's bloody landed all his descendents with: there's now generations of us, putting up with all this drama and tension all the time and I LOVE it, I bloody LOVE days like today. And just wait until that stadium's finished.

Anyway, as long as they pay a few quid to come and watch us at Falmer, s'cool. I hope there'll be no room for Albion-cred snobbery there.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Tell the truth I am well past my best, too.

Icy, you understand me don't you? If you invest WISELY in players and don't let them overinflate their wage demands, with a bit of luck you can be back within two seasons. How that sort of sentiment is anti-Brighton or trolling is beyond me.

I think I understand that you actually want us to be playing you twice a season. NOTHING in football, for me, beats the days of Mullery and Venables for atmosphere, even if sometimes the football was a bit shit. Winning was all that mattered. Defeat would ruin a week and a draw was disappointing whereas a win was like winning a cup final (guessing here as I've not had that experience) or a playoff for jubilation.

I also understand why Palace fans have taken the piss for 20 years :down:

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
I think I understand that you actually want us to be playing you twice a season. NOTHING in football, for me, beats the days of Mullery and Venables for atmosphere, even if sometimes the football was a bit shit. Winning was all that mattered. Defeat would ruin a week and a draw was disappointing whereas a win was like winning a cup final (guessing here as I've not had that experience) or a playoff for jubilation.

You have beaten us in that 20 year period and we have taken the banter. It's fair enough.

I remember the Boxing Day outings to the Goldstone Ground...we still sing about them. For me and other older Palace fans it is what football is about. Your younger fans obviously don't see the joke and treat me the same as a Chels*a and Manure fan, etc. But our rivalry is special. Millwall and Charlton (R) mean little to me except as a passtime until our real rivals return.

The football was shit, but it was more exciting than watching Ronaldo trip over or Rooney swear at a lino every week. That's not real football.

Your pies were rubbish though.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton

Good post Icy

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
You must be joking - maybe a few little kids? How about the times we kicked the f*** out of your pathetic little mod, and you ran like little girls? Norwood Station? East Croydon Station when you even tried to take us with your Millwall mates in tow and you all got done?

The only time Palarse ever won a fight was when they picked on small groups and were mob-handed.

Nice selective memory there Porky! Still lets get back to the football eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here