Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How LARGE will Cameron's failure be ?

General Election predictions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dandyman

In London village.
davidson and phil collins both left.

Jim "Wife beater" Davidson's residence in Dubai might also have something to do with him owing the British tax payer approx. £700,000 before he was declared bankrupt

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Jim "Wife beater" Davidson's residence in Dubai might also have something to do with him owing the British tax payer approx. £700,000 before he was declared bankrupt
Are you sure about that ?? wouldnt want you to make yourself look a little silly like you did with your paul weller 'eton rifles' post :lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think you are missing the point.

oh im aware of the point about the relative failure of the Tories to capitalise. i'm just drawing attention to the impending actual failure of Labour, which might relegate them to 3rd largest party. thats an impressive legacy for Brown, largest recession *and* broke the Labour party.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The story so far is one of an epic fail on the part of the Tories for not being able to capitalise on the feeblest Labour administration in living memory, and Labour for somehow falling to 3rd place behind a party with a mere fraction of its own resources.

Labour this morning were this morning saying the other 2 were "running scared" because they didn't sign up on some letter criticising the TV firms over their OTT handling of the leadership debates at the expense of looking at policies. What a surprise - the party coming last and poorest performing leader in those debates is MOANING at the coverage.

My predicition: LibLab coalition with Brown removed from the PM post, and in a fit of pique resigning from the front benches entirely while the rest of the country breaths a collective sigh of relief.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
My predicition: LibLab coalition

if Clegg and the Libdems are genuinely concerned about electoral reform, they can hardly get into bed with Labour if (as the polls suggest ) the Tories are largest party in parliament and by the total vote. all of this is forgetting, if the Tories get near a majority there's the NI parties to throw in the mix. though i think Cameron would be wise to bring in the Liberals, who'd be wise to accept, with movement on reform of the lords first, then commons reform, as they'd potentially kill off Labour and wouldnt *need* PR in the future...

interesting times either way.

Dandyman

In London village.
Are you sure about that ?? wouldnt want you to make yourself look a little silly like you did with your paul weller 'eton rifles' post :lolol:

Fairly sure although I'm happy to be corrected.

The Eton Rifles post came from seeing Weller being interviewed on TV. His own double-standards over privately educating his kids does not IMO deflect from CMD's feeble efforts to get down with the kids (or possibly more accurately a middle-aged demographic he presumably wishes to connect with).

Dandyman

In London village.
oh im aware of the point about the relative failure of the Tories to capitalise. i'm just drawing attention to the impending actual failure of Labour, which might relegate them to 3rd largest party. thats an impressive legacy for Brown, largest recession *and* broke the Labour party.

The end game for the New Labour project IMO. In some respects it may be a good thing if it wakes up the organised labour movement and forces them to think about some real alternatives.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
if Clegg and the Libdems are genuinely concerned about electoral reform, they can hardly get into bed with Labour if (as the polls suggest ) the Tories are largest party in parliament and by the total vote.
Of course they can. All they're really saying is that Brown won't be PM and they're not saying anything else for fear of scaring off the natural-Tory voting tactical voters, IMO.

all of this is forgetting, if the Tories get near a majority there's the NI parties to throw in the mix. though i think Cameron would be wise to bring in the Liberals, who'd be wise to accept, with movement on reform of the lords first, then commons reform, as they'd potentially kill off Labour and wouldnt *need* PR in the future...

interesting times either way.
As long as there is no overall majority, the Lib Dems will be the big winners here. Their number of seats has increased more or less election-on-election since the days of the SDLP/Liberal alliance. The minute there is reform on the voting system, this country will move towards liberalism even more quickly.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
if Clegg and the Libdems are genuinely concerned about electoral reform, they can hardly get into bed with Labour if (as the polls suggest ) the Tories are largest party in parliament and by the total vote. all of this is forgetting, if the Tories get near a majority there's the NI parties to throw in the mix. though i think Cameron would be wise to bring in the Liberals, who'd be wise to accept, with movement on reform of the lords first, then commons reform, as they'd potentially kill off Labour and wouldnt *need* PR in the future...

I think that the point is that Labour have spoken about some form of electoral reform and, until the weekend, the Tories haven't.

Clegg will make electoral reform a sticking point for any coalition, so if CMD doesn't get a majority, he may have to go down that path - something that he said he's now prepared to do. It will be interesting to see whether the likes of Bill Cash will be prepared to sit on the same benches as the pro-Euro Lib Dems but misery acquaints a man with strange bedfellows, as Trinculo put it and strange election results could do the same.

Dandyman

In London village.
Clutch of new polls now out.

IMO they probably underestimate Tory support and over state LibDem support but odds remain on Tories being biggest party but FAILING to get an overall majority.

Put your money on another election within 18 months.

Dandyman

In London village.
Oi, Harty! Stop nicking my threads ! :lol:

Dandyman

In London village.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Dandyman cards on the table how do you call it?

Been at a hospice do tonight with a number of prominent local Tories and they reckon they are home and hosed with at least a 30 overall majority.

I'm not so sure.

Dandyman

In London village.
Dandyman cards on the table how do you call it?

Been at a hospice do tonight with a number of prominent local Tories and they reckon they are home and hosed with at least a 30 overall majority.

I'm not so sure.

My money is still on Tories as the biggest party, but short of a majority by anywhere between 9 and 35 seats..

It will then depend on how power hungry the LibDems are but I still think we will back at the ballots within a year or so.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Good piece in the non-partisan, or we-don't-really-like-anyone-much, Independent today (but in the opinions section) with a rundown of what has happened to Hammersmith and Fulham Council since the Tories took over in 2006. Treated all council estates as a sellable eyesore for development companies to knock down and build fancy edifices over the surface, getting the working class to stop cheapening the area. And having those in desperate need of daily medical care and assistance being forced to pay £12.50 per hour for such basics. The homeless shelters have been closed and sold to developers once more with anyone claiming to be homeless having to prove it. This is the model society Cameron wants to construct.
I don't think Brown is a worthy leader with enough gumption or nerve to make a real difference, but do whatever you can, i say, to keep that platinum-plated worm out of power.
Read if you like.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/poverty-and-injustice-in-david-cameronrsquos-model-borough-1962318.html

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Well done to all the below members who correctly predicted.

Addiseagull, Albion Dan, BUTTERBALL, Citrus, Da Man Clay, Djmiles, Dorset Seagull, ElderlyWilliam, FamilyGuy, greenfordgull, Hotchilidog, Igor Gurinovich?, In the West End, Lawro's Lip, Mr Blobby, nevergoagain, nwgull, nyseagull, oilywater, Pat McCrotch, ryans father, Scampi, Silent Bob, Socky, Southover Street Seagull, Southy, The Sock of Poskett, Tybalt, veade, Walt Jabsco, zamora the merrier

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here