Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How LARGE will Cameron's failure be ?

General Election predictions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It won't be as large as the 'schoolboy in a sweet shop with his mummy's purse' who has been running the country's economy for the last 13 years, letting anyone into the country in the hope they will vote labour, stealing pensions to fund his unrealistic idealism and plunging the country into an irretrievable debt, Britain is the laughing stock of the world thanks to Blair and Brown, Cameron could not possibly do worse. Any leader will be seen as a failure taking on the problems they have been left with, it will take 10 years at least to set things right - be careful who you vote for or it could get a lot worse.
:clap:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The Queen invites a party to try to form a government - there's nothing in any constitution to say which one, although when this last happened in 1974, Heath did try to stay on to form a government.

Don't think that is correct. The Queen only invites a party to form a government once the current Prime Minister resigns. That will not be until after the election if at all. If Labour win, he obviously will not resign. If Labour are the largest party he probably will not resign and even if the Tories are the largest party, if GB can cobble together a coalition with other parties to give that coalition a majority, he would probably not resign.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Don't think that is correct. The Queen only invites a party to form a government once the current Prime Minister resigns. That will not be until after the election if at all. If Labour win, he obviously will not resign. If Labour are the largest party he probably will not resign and even if the Tories are the largest party, if GB can cobble together a coalition with other parties to give that coalition a majority, he would probably not resign.

"..when this last happened in 1974, Heath did try to stay on to form a government."

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Nick Clegg said last night that if the British people have given the Tory party the most seats he will do his best to work within their mandate same said for the Labour party!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Just to let you know how crap Brown is, I blame him and his NHS for me getting chicken pox today, at 44 f**king years old!:angry:

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
The tories need a swing that will be virtually unprecendented in British Politics to win this election, I cant see it happening and no overall majority at around 7-4 looks the best bet to me. Especially given that the ruling party nearly always close the gap in the last few days of the election campaign.

As for politics in this country, I am disillusioned as many are by the way weve gone. I`m more disillusioned because on the one hand, I want to see less of a nanny state with more common sense when it comes to regulation, health and safety, political correctness etc and reductions in ridiculous rates of tax, 50% of anyones income is ludicrous however much theyre earning, where is the incentive to generate business or earnings?? But on the other hand I cant stand the pomposity and discriminatory nuances that still dog the tories, the Daily Mail-thinking prigs and NIMBYs in charge of the country equally feels me with dread.

Cameron is just the tories laughable attempt at creating their own version of Blair so I cant vote for him. Brown is an awful man with no personality, bores you to tears and doesnt deserve to rule the country so I cant vote for him.

That leaves me with voting Liberal or voting for one of the peripheral parties, which have got about as much chance of being elected as the monster raving loonies or I choose not to vote at all. And its that choice that I am left with that is so depressing about it all, that there isnt anyone that deserves being voted for.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Don't think that is correct. The Queen only invites a party to form a government once the current Prime Minister resigns.

further correction, the Queen invites an MP to become PM and form a government (once the incumbant resigns). It is only by convention that this is the largest party, theres nothing consitutionally enforcing this. im not sure, she might even be allowed to select a Lord.

The tories need a swing that will be virtually unprecendented in British Politics to win this election,

these swings always consider the two main parties, look at it differently: it requires a swing of x *away* from Labour. if the liberals split the left wing vote in a lot of marginals and tories benefit, the required swing to them is reduced.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
liberals rarely split the left wing vote to the gain of the tories, for example in Eastbourne you can vote tory or liberal, voting labour is a waste, only a 1200 swing needed there so even if there are a few seats that go to liberals its not gonna be to the benefit of the tories in this case and there are a fair few like eastbourne. Doesnt detract from the fact that the tories should be walking in but the fact they are not is down to them and no-one else.

Dandyman

In London village.
Latest polls...

Pollster Sample dates Sample size CON% LAB% LIB%
ELECTION 2005 5 May 2005 33.2 36.2 22.6
Political Betting/Angus Reid 19 Apr 10 - 20 Apr 10 1,953 32 23 33
The Times/Populus 19 Apr 10 - 20 Apr 10 1,501 32 28 31
Daily Mail/Harris 22 Apr 10 - 23 Apr 10 1,048 34 26 29
Sunday Telegraph/ICM 23 Apr 10 - 23 Apr 10 1,020 35 26 31
News of the World/Ipsos-MORI 23 Apr 10 - 23 Apr 10 1,245 36 30 23
Sunday Mirror; Independent
on Sunday/ComRes 23 Apr 10 - 24 Apr 10 1,006 34 28 29
Sunday Times/YouGov 23 Apr 10 - 24 Apr 10 1,412 35 27 28
Sporting Index (implied) 24 Apr 10 - 24 Apr 10 10,000 36.7 27.4 25.6
AVERAGE 19 Apr 10 - 24 Apr 10 19,185 35.3 27.0 27.4

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the thread should be retitled: how large will Browns failure be. Liberals ahead in most polls there and same as Labour in the average.

Dandyman

In London village.
the thread should be retitled: how large will Browns failure be. Liberals ahead in most polls there and same as Labour in the average.

With respect, I think you are missing the point. Neo Labour are fighting the election with the backdrop of an alienated core vote, recession, unpopular war(s) and a politically inept PM. In truth it's an election any half competent opposition party should win easily. It's a sign of how unconvincing most of the electorate find CMD that the most likely outcome remains a hung parliament.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here