Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How LARGE will Cameron's failure be ?

General Election predictions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dandyman

In London village.
So, the odds are being shouted and various predictions made. what however do the boys and girls of NSC think is the most likely outcome of the General Election. Remember, this is not what you want to happen but what you think will happen.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I played around with the swingometer yesterday and then understood how hard is is going to be to stop labour. I think Labour will win it but by a whisker and I would b ehappy with that. Labour need a massive slap in the fact but Cameron has not convinced me at all that he could be better of the UK. What I really want is the rise of an electable third party so Lib Dems get a huge increase this time around.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I agree with lewes' bets seagull. If the Tories don't get a majority, Cameron will have overseen the greatest turnaround in fortunes since Keegan's Newcastle managed to throw away a mahoosive lead at the top of the Premier League.

For what it is worth, I think he will narrowly miss out - 5 seats short of a majority.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So, the odds are being shouted and various predictions made. what however do the boys and girls of NSC think is the most likely outcome of the General Election. Remember, this is not what you want to happen but what you think will happen.

" this is not what you want to happen " this is odd consider the title of the thread.

Anyway after the first 2 days its 2-0 to Cameron so I do not know where you are coming from. He battered him with his election rally by Westminster Bridge which was fresh and original compared to Brown standing with all his stiffs outside No 10 looking like extra's from " Day of the dead " and battered him again in question time.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If Labour win I am giving up for good and leaving the country and can the last person left with any ambition please turn the lights out when they go.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
If Labour win I am giving up for good and leaving the country and can the last person left with any ambition please turn the lights out when they go.

Ooo, thats exciting, are you going anywhere nice?

I find it interesting that Labour are suddenly willing to discuss commons and lords reform - seems to me they are already tring to cozy up to the Lib Dems. Rumour has it that Clegg would be willing to enter a coalition government with Labour if, and only if, Brown stood aside.

This election will have a lot of twists and turns yet...

Dandyman

In London village.

Ah, the Paul Daniels of NSC. I can see Mandelson rubbing his paws with glee as I type.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I did have hope and ambition but this government have pretty much battered it all out of me now.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
probably just short of a majority, he wont suceed at any rate

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
" this is not what you want to happen " this is odd consider the title of the thread.

Anyway after the first 2 days its 2-0 to Cameron so I do not know where you are coming from. He battered him with his election rally by Westminster Bridge which was fresh and original compared to Brown standing with all his stiffs outside No 10 looking like extra's from " Day of the dead " and battered him again in question time.

I don't know about this. The comment that 'half the country is tory now' could I think come back to haunt Cameron - it could be his 'Well Alright' moment. I spoke to a few floating voters this morning who said that their view of cameron was negatively affected by that statement as clearly, no party gets 50% of the vote. I hadn't myself registered that view until then.

Also the NI debate is one that the Conservatives think they've scored an early goal in but actually could play into Labour hands. It's a question of belief and trust and having Business leaders object to a tax on employers (NI) is not actually a good message in the long term because the money will have to be found somewhere - cuts in public services will see reduction in staff levels, increases in other taxes will hit employees not employers. Seeing Brent Hoberman of lastminute.com on the news last night complaining about it did nothing to actually drive a positive conservative message. It's a pity for the Tories because it's the one bit of clear water that is publically known about in their policies. For the last 3 years they have said they wouldn't show their hand until the election but now they have too.

But as I've said before, Cameron is like the massive Leeds or Southampton in League 1 and he 'really should be well beating the like of the current labour government'

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ah, the Paul Daniels of NSC. I can see Mandelson rubbing his paws with glee as I type.
Paul Daniels, Phil Collins and Jim Davidson. Sadly not a single one of these morons carried out their promise of leaving the country if Labour got in, and neither would Gareth.

Tories will be the biggest party, but 5 to 10 short of an overall majority. It's time for the LibDems to step up to the plate.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If his wheeling out of Caine and proposals for national service are anything to go by, he will be struggling. I also think he's played an own goal by making such an issue of the NI increase with Cable siding alongside Labour. Lib Dem's are hitting hard on their assertion that the Tories will raise VAT, and genereal public opinion seems to the that an increase of NI would be preferable over VAT.

The polls, even the Yougov poll tightened over night, a long way to go but I think it will be close.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What I really want is the rise of an electable third party so Lib Dems get a huge increase this time around.

i think there will be alot more Liberal seats at the expense of Labour. but they will also split the left wing vote in some areas gifting the tories marginal seats, so i expect an overall majority in the end.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
I did have hope and ambition but this government have pretty much battered it all out of me now.

i wouldn't worry. within the month we'll be living in the heady world of gay-rights removal, christian teaching, and nice low taxes for the ultra-rich. mmmmm, i can't wait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here