Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] How is your cooking this lockdown ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’ll copy and paste some pretentious bollox that I found on the internet and try and sound and even bigger cnunt than I already am, how about that?

All washed down with a glass of soy milk...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Are you serving that medium or rare? Sounds like it needs a sauce.

I'll check back in when I've basted my meat*.

*not a euphamism

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’ll copy and paste some pretentious bollox that I found on the internet and try and sound and even bigger cnunt than I already am,

I will need to be very pretentious to achieve your goal.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've started smearing Marmite on the aubergines i roast. And t'other night i made myself a fennel omelette.
Eating a little differently, but i think that is down to ordering a large box of fruit and veg each week from Oddbox during the beginnings of lockdown. I am now looking into what i'll do with the choi sum that arrived in the wee hours of the morning.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've started smearing Marmite on the aubergines i roast. And t'other night i made myself a fennel omelette.
Eating a little differently, but i think that is down to ordering a large box of fruit and veg each week from Oddbox during the beginnings of lockdown. I am now looking into what i'll do with the choi sum that arrived in the wee hours of the morning.

If you want a really good accompaniment for a steak then mushrooms cooked with a little bit of stilton and Marmite are the bomb. Seriously. :drool:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Chicken Katsu tonight. The sauce is simmering and waiting for me to finish my one glass of Rioja and get things moving.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Nice. Was the masa harina soaked in lime or wood ash?*

* you did make the tortillas from scratch, right?

:wink:

89529277dc265628f8a23ab1a9fefc78.jpg

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Last night I cooked a chicken Kiev [home made] potatoes and veg including cauliflower and broccoli cheese [again home made]. This morning I put the oven on, had a shower etc. went down to cook breakfast, opened oven door and found a [very well cremated] cauliflower and broccoli cheese, sadly forgotten having sat in the oven all night

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
And double quoting me it seems

I was commenting on how nicely you’d cut the packet . Going diagonal is really different. It’s a nice slant on things .
Then Inrealised it was a Stock photo and you really are a big foodie after all.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Lunch has improved beyond all recognition.

Just munched on a Sandwich Spread, mature farmhouse Cheddar and chili flake dream creation in crusty white. :drool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here