Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How important is North stand chat in your life ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Arguing with the argumentative about not much (certainly nothing to do with the thread title) is extremely therapeutic and saves lots of argument with my wife and children.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I use NSC for a number of reasons :

> For up to date news that The Argus is NEVER going to have first
> General chat
> Sadly, my life is devoid of many friends and I see NSC as a comfort blanket

Basically - LOVE IT - and couldn't do without it !

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This will sound very sad.

I struggled with depression for much of my time since I registered on here. I didn't know about NSC until a member of staff of the club suggested I looked on here for tickets.

I realise I have posted an insane amount of crap and the rest of it over the years. I found it a bit of a release to be able to communicate with fellow like minded (and not so) individuals and fill the empty hours along the way. Read anything and everything, whilst sleep evaded me.

I love writing and I love trying to make my writing interesting to others. Probably failed on the latter, but ho hum.

This is my guilty pleasure. I don't post on any other forums and I don't play computer games.

I'm not particularly worried if people think I live my life on an Internet forum. I gave up worrying what people thought of me a while ago. Most of my friends think I am an utter moron for having spent so much time on here, but then most waste time in other dimensions.

Having said all that, apparently spending too much time on the Internet can be detrimental to ones mental health, so...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I struggled with depression for much of my time since I registered on here. I didn't know about NSC until a member of staff of the club suggested I looked on here for tickets.

I realise I have posted an insane amount of crap and the rest of it over the years. I found it a bit of a release to be able to communicate with fellow like minded (and not so) individuals and fill the empty hours along the way. Read anything and everything, whilst sleep evaded me.

I love writing and I love trying to make my writing interesting to others. Probably failed on the latter, but ho hum.

This is my guilty pleasure. I don't post on any other forums and I don't play computer games.

I'm not particularly worried if people think I live my life on an Internet forum. I gave up worrying what people thought of me a while ago. Most of my friends think I am an utter moron for having spent so much time on here, but then most waste time in other dimensions.

Having said all that, apparently spending too much time on the Internet can be detrimental to ones mental health, so...

If it's any consolation I fully understand where you're coming from and find you one of the more interesting posters !

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ultimately, and despite the bickering, not much bad stuff of any magnitude has ever come out of NSC.

Conversely, shitloads of good stuff has. There's far too much to list, but...

- Instrumental for those campaigning to save the Albion during the darkest hours our club has ever been through.
- Numerous 'real world'* friendships, and more, formed amongst those who spend time here.
- A haven for those going through troubled times, providing numerous listening ears and shoulders to cry on.
- A place I got advice on how to get my shelves back onto the wall (probably the most important thing NSC has ever collectively achieved).

(* - for the record, I hate the term 'real world' since the internet became part of the real world a long time ago now.)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
North Stand whatnow? :shrug:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I look a lot over many years, most days - and the conclusion I always come to is that bozza is a ******

:)

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Ultimately, and despite the bickering, not much bad stuff of any magnitude has ever come out of NSC.

Conversely, shitloads of good stuff has. There's far too much to list, but...

- Instrumental for those campaigning to save the Albion during the darkest hours our club has ever been through.
- Numerous 'real world'* friendships, and more, formed amongst those who spend time here.
- A haven for those going through troubled times, providing numerous listening ears and shoulders to cry on.
- A place I got advice on how to get my shelves back onto the wall (probably the most important thing NSC has ever collectively achieved).

(* - for the record, I hate the term 'real world' since the internet became part of the real world a long time ago now.)

And great support for REMF which I find cheering to the soul.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Get outta here you little rascal. You have the power to lure people into a world of trust and fairness with words, and that's a great skill to have.

I have a rota at home that sees me when ill half on here and the rest of the time on, usually the evenings, GranthamWatch, an online show i'm addicted to that follows around a usually sleepy Leslie Grantham. He doesn't do all that much, but he seems to have Fort Boyard dreams all full of twitchy snarls and the administering of low cash prizes with the look on his face saying 'well at least it's better than a bookcase of effing encyclopedias or a teapot". He has a stuffed Roly too, apparently real name Gordon. The taxidermist and facial sculptor must have taken an age to have him looking over his shoulder with desperation as if death was about to strike. Maybe it's Leslie's, real name also Gordon, reminder of mortality, that it will come to us all whatever shape, size or breed we are, and that we're best to remain in terror of that coming scythe or cement mixer.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Get to work and log on.

BBC

NSC

In that order.

BBC for news, sport, exchange rates, share prices and TV

NSC for news, snow reports, sport, recipes, Albion news, binfests, racing tips, pub guides, holiday tips, restaurant guides, toilet training tips, REMF news,etc...

I generally find that whilst the BBC is a little more factually correct (just) NSC is far more informative and way more enjoyable. I would miss it big time if it wasn't here.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Go to activity for a 10 minute tea break from work. Partly because I know I won't get engrossed in it like TV etc. (Unless we're in the process of signing Vicente in which case the whole day went)

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I use NSC for a number of reasons :

> For up to date news that The Argus is NEVER going to have first
> General chat
> Sadly, my life is devoid of many friends and I see NSC as a comfort blanket

Basically - LOVE IT - and couldn't do without it !

All of the above, and it helps me cope with being away from Brighton!

That's sad to know, but glad that NSC has seemingly managed to help you. For what it's worth, you're one of my favourite posters, always polite, intelligent and funny on occasions too :thumbsup:

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
NSC is highly addictive, it is like crack to me, I'm not sure if I love it, it is definettly moorish though.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Proud to be part of the NSC community. Great place for all things Albion, breaking news and general banter. Usually visit daily even if I don't post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here