Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How has the CREDIT CRUNCH affected you?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just wondering, how has the average NSC'er been affected by the Credit Crunch?

For me I am cutting back a bit on going out, spending less on new clothes etc and keeping an eye out for more deals in supermarkets.

Having not been old enough to really experience the recession last time round I don't really know how bad it will get.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im going to buy a new TV and Sofa so not at all.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hasn't affected me directly at all as far as I can tell.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not really impacting on me. Im just mindful I don't know how much it is going to impact on me in the future so putting a bit more in the bank.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I've become more miserable, less inclined to listen to anybody else's views, scratchy, looking to pick fights with people, slag people off, talk behind their backs - just generally become not a nice piece of work really.

:thumbsup:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
To be honest, if you are in a reasonably safe job, now is the time to buy things or get your windows replaced, extensions done etc as prices/qoutes will be very competitive. Obviously, put some aside for a rainy day.

When we talk about recessions, it usually means that around 10% of the workforce will be unemployed, so as the song goes 1 in 10. But being positive 9 out of 10 people remain in work.

Its a depression that we must not get ourselves into, which is why the Govt wants us to spend. If we all save and dont spend, then it will be a depression and I wasn't here in the 30's to witness that.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
25% pay cut in order to keep my job (Ouch!)

Late payment of salary/part salary for the last two months (Ouch!)

Out of a staff of 45 in January this year, now only 21 left (Guess I'm lucky!)

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
25% pay cut in order to keep my job (Ouch!)

Late payment of salary/part salary for the last two months (Ouch!)

Out of a staff of 45 in January this year, now only 21 left (Guess I'm lucky!)

Shit - that's really harsh. Do you know whether your 21 is going to get less?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Well they've just cancelled our works christmas party so I'm a little put out by it all I'll have you know.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
depends what you mean by affected really - I still have my job and can afford to buy things prudently (but that'd down to a low salary rather than the credit crunch) so on the surface little has changed.

However I bought my house about 2 years ago and have invested money in it (about £10k). following a period of price rises my house has now fallen in value to below that which i paid for it so i have lost out big time and i'm now sliding towards negative equity so the chance to move on (up) has diminished greatly.

So outwardly no effects but my options for the future have reduced dramatically.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Trouble finding a job, so a lot I guess!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The increase in the general cost of living has meant I have had to miss a couple of home games recently because I couldn't afford it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here