Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How gutted would you be if GP went to Newcastle?

How gutted would you be if Potter went to Newcastle

• Total voters

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
My Great Great grandmother could manage Man City Liverpool Chelsea & Man Utd to a top 4 finish with the players they have, they may as well save themselves 1 minute of international trading and keep Bruce on, sign 6 players in January and finish 12th all ready for next season ready for when Shearer takes over.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I’d be gutted, and I’m not as confident as others it won’t happen. As much as I hope Potter has the morals not to go there, he was also a professional footballer and will want to win things. This might be his best shot at a Champions League level club, and the ‘project’ might appeal to him, if you take at face value all the PR guff from the consortium about a long term project. In short, I’m worried.

I don’t believe it will be his best shot myself.

If and when GP leaves us it will be for a better situation than Newcastle.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What a silly poll.

Potter's values and the values of the new owners are nowhere near aligned and he won't move his family up to the other end of the country to be a Saudi plaything. They'll get in a "big name".

We know you love GP Icy and rightfully stuck with him. It doesn't need to go up in lights every five minutes. Chill and enjoy the F1. There's more chance of GP joining CBeebies. But if the worst should happen, Tony has it covered.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
It would seriously dent my interest in football, but I really believe Graham is a great man, and has the better morals than to work with that blood money.

My bet is smug Eddie to take the helm.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Very gutted. Not because he’s left Brighton but because he comes across as a decent man, that perception would be forever broken which I would find very sad indeed.

Anyway this has Mourinho written all over it. Or Fat Sam to get them through this season’s relegation battle.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If he even considered working for a blood-soaked regime like that, he wouldn't be the man I think he is.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Working for a club that's owned by people who come from a country still carrying out public executions ???
Regards
DF

It won’t concern anyone 😡 like it didn’t concern AJ or EH when they had a mega fight in Saudi Arabia. The players and manager will pick up the millions undertake their usual token gesture at the start of the game and then carry on. Not one single player or fan will boycott NUFC in protest to the brutal regime in that country.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he even considered working for a blood-soaked regime like that, he wouldn't be the man I think he is.

Yet nobody knows the man he actually is.

Even his most devout disciple couldn't be bothered to go and meet him - twice!

There's an awful lot of Hector Project's on this thread:-

'I wouldn't work for the Saudis - so neither would GPott'.

All the while there's no offer that's really easy.

But not so easy if there was an offer.

If that offer was generational wealth.
Generational wealth for his hand picked staff.
A level of autonomy that would never be available to him at his 'big club' move.
Actually make that a level of autonomy not available to him now.

He'll not be told to 'go with Big Jurg because we can't get Nunez'.

He might be thinking 'I want more than aspirations of a top 10 finish'.

He might want to short cut his entire career in order to get to retirement with his young family.

His family might hate rundown, dirty, Brighton.

As much as I can't see most of that being true - most of that is likely to be real, if not for GPott then it's a quandary landing in the lap of someone.

Someone other than Steve Bruce!!

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
TB used to own a betting site premier bet I think it was called. We all know gambling destroys lives and all betting companies have blood on their hands. How big is your moral compass? I wouldn’t blame GP for securing generations of his families future.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
GP has far more integrity than to sell his sole to an organisation like the Saudis

No one knows that apart from GP.

I don’t think that’s the main deciding factor, I think it is more that GP and BHAFC have made a long term commitment to each other, they share a common vision and goal. That is what would upset me more if GP decided to tear that up based on those instant success whores.

Anyway that job is going to be a poison chalice for a while - they’re not getting into Europe for next season (not even top 10 IMO) so will not be able to get the real top players yet, the following season their manager will be expected to mount a challenge for top 6 at the very least. Manager wise they’ll be a northern Watford.
They are not as strong on the pitch as City were when they won the lottery.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Just getting an appointment to see my GP has been difficult, especially during the pandemic. But if they moved to Newcastle, I think I'd have to look for a different surgery altogether, the round trip would be ridiculous.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What a silly poll.

We know you love GP Icy and rightfully stuck with him. It doesn't need to go up in lights every five minutes. Chill and enjoy the F1. There's more chance of GP joining CBeebies. But if the worst should happen, Tony has it covered.

Of course you think it’s silly, you were wanting Potter out just a few short months ago, so any enthusiasm for keeping him here is a bit Johnny Come Lately for you. Kudos for not swaying too much from your standpoint of a few months ago though :smile:

I admire anyone who has complete confidence that TB will have it covered, it would be a big upheaval imo and may set us back a season or so at best.

None of us has a clue whether a tenfold wage rise will sway Potter’s integrity either. I hope it’s not tested and they have already decided they want a “name”

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Of course you think it’s silly, you were wanting Potter out just a few short months ago, so any enthusiasm for keeping him here is a bit Johnny Come Lately for you. Kudos for not swaying too much from your standpoint of a few months ago though :smile:

I admire anyone who has complete confidence that TB will have it covered, it would be a big upheaval imo and may set us back a season or so at best.

None of us has a clue whether a tenfold wage rise will sway Potter’s integrity either. I hope it’s not tested and they have already decided they want a “name”

Sorry, but this is exactly what I rail against when I talk about the cult of coaches. You're so invested you panic every time a tabloid hack picks up their laptop.

It reminds me of Leeds' devotion to Bielsa even though the bloke has never won a major trophy or lasted more than two or three years in a job. When he goes (and he will) he'll leave them with a Championship level squad and some nice memories. When - or rather if - Potter leaves we'll have the bloke who brought him in being in charge of the replacement and a squad that's light years ahead of what Hughton had to play with.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
TB used to own a betting site premier bet I think it was called. We all know gambling destroys lives and all betting companies have blood on their hands. How big is your moral compass? I wouldn’t blame GP for securing generations of his families future.

So you are comparing gambling to sponsorship of terrorism and various other disgusting human rights transgressions. Wow!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry, but this is exactly what I rail against when I talk about the cult of coaches. You're so invested you panic every time a tabloid hack picks up their laptop.

It reminds me of Leeds' devotion to Bielsa even though the bloke has never won a major trophy or lasted more than two or three years in a job. When he goes (and he will) he'll leave them with a Championship level squad and some nice memories. When - or rather if - Potter leaves we'll have the bloke who brought him in being in charge of the replacement and a squad that's light years ahead of what Hughton had to play with.

Panic is a bit strong :lolol:

I was invested in Chris Cattlin and Gus until he went rogue so I have history here! The aftermath of both was a fecking disaster compared to where we were when they got the boot, so let’s just say I don’t think TB is the Messiah, although I wouldn’t change him for any other chairman.

I am however convinced that we will be taking a few backward steps if GP goes in the near future.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

I will go out on a limb. A. They will want a name. B. Potter is not stupid enough to join them. Now, stop panicking over a BS rumour…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here