Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How gutted would you be if GP went to Newcastle?

How gutted would you be if Potter went to Newcastle

• Total voters

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I get pissed off about this, Talkshite keep mentioning about Potter to Newcastle, I find this disrespectful to Brighton.

Newcastle have very little history compared to other clubs but because they now have money they are a big club. Hopefully it all backfire on them, I remember Massive Wednesday talking themselves up when they were taken over, that turned out well.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I get pissed off about this, Talkshite keep mentioning about Potter to Newcastle, I find this disrespectful to Brighton.

Newcastle have very little history compared to other clubs but because they now have money they are a big club. Hopefully it all backfire on them, I remember Massive Wednesday talking themselves up when they were taken over, that turned out well.

Them getting relegated would be the funniest thing ever.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This quote from Newcastle Online sums up the shit that their fans come out with;

‘ Say we sack Bruce now and scramble a replacement in, like potter. Say he keeps losing because the squad is old and injuries and all the usual. What happens in February if we are 10 points adrift? Sack someone else? If we bring conte in then, is it too late like it was with rafa? It would just be the usual shite and I can’t be arsed with doing it out of emotion. ’

They are stuffed really. Top established managers like Rogers and Benitez won’t go near it because they don’t want to be held responsible for the performances of the donkeys in their squad. The bloke quoted wants Conte. Basis what exactly ? Has he ever worked with donkeys ? So on to plan B for the Geordies ie Potter. The problem with that plan is that a young, aspiring manager who meticulously plans everything, including his own career, will also not want to manage donkeys nor deal with their delusional support. The perfect candidate for the job is actually Fat Sam. They won’t want to hear it but it’s a FACT.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think they might end up with something like Sam Allardyce or even Chris Hughton to try to survive the season. Or some kind of retired/semi-retired guy (Sven? Hiddink?) that got no future to worry about. Dont think they can get their "big" or "good" name before the summer.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Newcastle struggle to get (and keep) Callum Wilson fit; St Maximin is mercurial like Knocky and the rest of the squad must be wondering what happens next. They are in big trouble irrespective of the size of the Saudi wad. They have 14 games before they can refresh the side. It is (in) no way a Graham Potter type project. Firefighter vs long-term appointment is their conundrum and even if they spend £200m in January can any manager get the alchemy right in 17 games?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Amazing what a handful of win does to change perceptions, Newcastle have finished above us every PL season since we both got promoted unless I’m mistaken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here