Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How good is it to be an albion fan right now!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
To be blunt, i am not sure.

We get results, but our football is turgid. We were lucky not to get totally stuffed yesterday. As for entertainment value, apart from a few short spells, the only attractive football was played by Forest.

I felt so sorry for Vokes. Apart from his goal, every ball he got was in a totally isolated position, with his back to goal and being wrestled to the ground by two of their players. Where were the midfield or Barnes (who I guess was in midfield) to help him? He did really well to hold the ball up, but nobody made themselves available.

Away to Forest we are 4th-i suspect teams are raising their games when playing us.

Appreciate it for what it is ,were we a great side in 2004 for example? no but we were hard to beat and nicked a goal and results,we were a defensive side and we beat a so called flair team of the time in the play off final in Bristol City to win promotion-

I admired our play for what it was then but i prefer our style of play today,but keeping things tight in a controlled way with a sprinkling of flair is the Gus way.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Away to Forest we are 4th-i suspect teams are raising their games when playing us.

Appreciate it for what it is ,were we a great side in 2004 for example? no but we were hard to beat and nicked a goal and results,we were a defensive side and we beat a so called flair team of the time in the play off final in Bristol City to win promotion-

I admired our play for what it was then but i prefer our style of play today,but keeping things tight in a controlled way with a sprinkling of flair is the Gus way.

Keeping things tight in a controlled way? Are you joking? Forest ripped us apart, and we hardly had the ball. That is why we had so many booking and a sending off. Also, I do not remember us EVER playing such defensive (at which we were dismal yesterday) football - even in 2004, as yesterday.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It IS great to be an Albion fan right now.

Tell you what though. It's also going to be bloody nail biting over the next few weeks.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Keeping things tight in a controlled way? Are you joking? Forest ripped us apart, and we hardly had the ball. That is why we had so many booking and a sending off. Also, I do not remember us EVER playing such defensive (at which we were dismal yesterday) football - even in 2004, as yesterday.

Like i say-we were the away team,we got a result,i guess this super Forest side are doing well this season or perhaps they raised their game and fighting to stay up-

In short i would not swap...seen more than enough of that over the years.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Like i say-we were the away team,we got a result,i guess this super Forest side are doing well this season or perhaps they raised their game and fighting to stay up-

In short i would not swap...seen more than enough of that over the years.

Or possibly they are actually finding some form at last? How many did they stick past Leeds? Gus said he would not worry over that result and change our game. Well did he actually tell the players that, because we looked petrified in defense, and too scared to attack!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Or possibly they are actually finding some form at last? How many did they stick past Leeds? Gus said he would not worry over that result and change our game. Well did he actually tell the players that, because we looked petrified in defense, and too scared to attack!

Perhaps they are finding form,perhaps we are in a slightly false and elevated position,i still think it can go either way,we might miss out on the play off's due to fear.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You know what worries me?. We have seen our fan base grow this season because of The Amex and because of what is happening on the field. I just wonder how many of our newly found fans will stick with us if times get sticky again. We are in a bubble at the moment and long may it continue but heaven forbid, if Gus left us, or we went to the Prem and had to scrap and scrap just to get a point, how many would still stand and sing with a passion.

PS. I just spent 5 minutes trying to delete a full stop that was in the wrong place. Turned out to be a speck on the screen. Back to bed me thinks.

Fan base going to games will drop if and when we have sticky patches. That's the nature of football and not exclusive to Brighton.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Perhaps they are finding form,perhaps we are in a slightly false and elevated position,i still think it can go either way,we might miss out on the play off's due to fear.

i hope not. One "fear factor" for me, looked to be our defense knowing they had Brezovan behind the. The guy just looks so out of his depth - and plays like he knows it. The other thing looked to be that we were absolutely terrified by their pace.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
i hope not. One "fear factor" for me, looked to be our defense knowing they had Brezovan behind the. The guy just looks so out of his depth - and plays like he knows it. The other thing looked to be that we were absolutely terrified by their pace.

Huh? I was of the impression (as were Forest supporters) that Brezovan had a good game yesterday?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here