Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How good is it to be an albion fan right now!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we can't enjoy what is happening now, then we shouldn't be watching football.

This is the key point of a good post for me.

Those of you STILL picking holes, moaning at individual players, getting caught up in all that nonsense, please see that this is IT. What's happening at the club right now is genuinely AMAZING. It's incredible. We are SO lucky.

If you can't enjoy this, try a different sport. Honestly.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There's a feelgood factor around the club that hasn't been bettered since the late 70's.

Those days in the 70's were almost like a three year plan, couple of years of teasing followed by promotion, and boy did we play some great football with class players back then, in front of sell out crowds. This year we have dive bombed it, but other than that it does seem to shadow that era.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Those of you STILL picking holes, moaning at individual players, getting caught up in all that nonsense, please see that this is IT. What's happening at the club right now is genuinely AMAZING. It's incredible. We are SO lucky.

Very much in agreement.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This is my best ever season for sure, been going since '93.

Close second is the Micky Adams promotion season, that was amazing and had a similar feel good factor about it.

Perversley my worst season was the Peter Taylor promotion season. Never seen football played as boring as that, I actually stopped going for a couple of years and started playing park football again because it depressed me so much.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What many don't realise is we can actually compete at this level as we now have the financial backing which has not been there for the last 10 years or so.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Because of where we have come from, i am enjoying it more than the late 70's. From returning to Withdean, the championships, the planning permission, Tony, Gus, last years annihilation of league 1, The Amex, Donny first game, this season in the championship, the emergence of Vicente. I can't see how it could be better.

You get that feeling that dropped points, poor performances and even losses are just a blip and that we will continue upwards regardless.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Enjoyed going to the priestfield more tbo,proper ground,choices and lots of pubs on the walk to the stadium.
I know its the wrong answer but although the amex is great i'm not enjoying it more.:nono:

You obviously don't go for the football then?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
You know what worries me?. We have seen our fan base grow this season because of The Amex and because of what is happening on the field. I just wonder how many of our newly found fans will stick with us if times get sticky again. We are in a bubble at the moment and long may it continue but heaven forbid, if Gus left us, or we went to the Prem and had to scrap and scrap just to get a point, how many would still stand and sing with a passion.

PS. I just spent 5 minutes trying to delete a full stop that was in the wrong place. Turned out to be a speck on the screen. Back to bed me thinks.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I think you are spot on [MENTION=20]granny weatherwax[/MENTION], I can't manage to get to many away games at the moment, so it seems like an age in between games for me. So I am constantly itching to get to the stadium every home game. I just can't believe there are any moaners out there. Even as we were ahead by miles last year, I never ever thought this season would be so good. In fact I was excited about the Amex, but not looking forward to some of the hidings I thought we might get. But we have more than held our own, and the only real embarrassment was Palace at home (not counting the Liverpool cup game). I think you can only slag a team off when they are not trying, but I believe every player has given it their all this season, so whatever happens over the next five weeks, I am so proud of the team, the management, the fans and the club.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Was going to skip over this thread but it started to make me think. When I was in my mid-teens in the mid-seventies I followed some great Albion times with all the passion and vivacity of youth. Great games, great results, great friends, great moments.
As you get older for me anyways it never feels like it did when I was a young lad but the word that stays with me now is pride.
Proud of the fans that have stuck with the team over the years, the city that has in general got behind the team, the few individuals who through thick and thin have put in money, time and much more.
Now we have a manager, players and a stadium we can all be proud off, and that means something.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Inside info: Wilkins was an unjustified nasty piece of work to our best players on the training ground, and was bollocked for it.

I know it's hard to believe that the non-tacking gentle midfielder could be like that as a manager, and with such a nice brother.

Lacked man management skills. Better off coaching Dean Hammond, Lallana & Co where he isn't the boss.

Ahhh didums was the manager not all cuddly with the players? Bless them. That explains why a threadbare squad of mostly kids finished one place off the play offs. Not knowing the real reason had been perplexing me somewhat.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Ahhh didums was the manager not all cuddly with the players? Bless them. That explains why a threadbare squad of mostly kids finished one place off the play offs. Not knowing the real reason had been perplexing me somewhat.

Perhaps it also explains his sacking, could never understand. What were they thinking?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

I could not agree more. This season has been fabulous both off and on the pitch .

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Enjoyed going to the priestfield more tbo,proper ground,choices and lots of pubs on the walk to the stadium.
I know its the wrong answer but although the amex is great i'm not enjoying it more.:nono:

I am struggling to work out whether this is a wind up or not, I presume it is. If not then I hope you find somewhere more fulfilling to spend your saturdays next season.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
To be blunt, i am not sure.

We get results, but our football is turgid. We were lucky not to get totally stuffed yesterday. As for entertainment value, apart from a few short spells, the only attractive football was played by Forest.

I felt so sorry for Vokes. Apart from his goal, every ball he got was in a totally isolated position, with his back to goal and being wrestled to the ground by two of their players. Where were the midfield or Barnes (who I guess was in midfield) to help him? He did really well to hold the ball up, but nobody made themselves available.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

I can state here and now that I DO NOT ENJOY WATCHING FOOTBALL THE WAY WE CURRENTLY PLAY. It is so boring. Yesterday, all I kept thinking, apart from worrying WHEN they would score and how many, was why oh why can't Brighton play like them. Attacking football, with pace all over the park - ironically, apart from some fat guy on the wing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here