Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How good is it to be an albion fan right now!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The last time I genuinely felt like this was the two years leading up to promotion to the first division back in 1979.

We are a side that can soak up pressure, not play that well, but come away with results against some very good established championship sides...we can outplay and completely muller decent championships and we are currently in the box seat of the play off positions having only lost one....yes one league game this current year.......i

We have a superb young management team and play some sublime football and have in Vicente one of the most prodigious talent ever to grace the championship and as we all know, he should be playing at a far higher standard that the second tier of English football.

Finally we have a ground we can all be so proud of, queues and chips aside, we are so blessed with a chairman who bleeds blue and white and shares the vision of us fans who want the best for the future.

Slushy I know, but if we can't enjoy what is happening now, then we shouldn't be watching football.

Just absolutely incredible stuff

:clap::clap::clap:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Can't see what all the fuss is about myself.....

i-love-it-kopia_54267983_large.jpg

D

Deleted member 18477

regardless, it still felt like a defeat today.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
[MENTION=20]granny weatherwax[/MENTION]... bloody marvellous post sir, take a bow.

Shame that even on an upbeat thread at least one person has to get a 'dig' in. Go find a moaners thread.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In the journey from:

THEN: Withdean & no Falmer in sight, and melancholic football dished up by D.Wilkins or M.Adams second spell

TO NOW: Amazing and growing stadium, playing style, personnel (Vicente, LuaLua, Noone & Buckley), great manager, results under Gus, 2011 Champs, the future of this well run club, and the vast and growing support in this (unique to us) collosal catchment area.

Feels amazing.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
In the journey from:

THEN: Withdean & no Falmer in sight, and melancholic football dished up by D.Wilkins or M.Adams second spell

TO NOW: Amazing and growing stadium, playing style, personnel (Vicente, LuaLua, Noone & Buckley), great manager, results under Gus, 2011 Champs, the future of this well run club, and the vast and growing support in this (unique to us) collosal catchment area.

Feels amazing.

Harsh to compare the shite that Adams served up with the wilkins era. Deano did a good job and we played the right way. Adams was shocking and we went backwards.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I used to go to the Goldstone but never went to Withdean (work took me away from Sussex), I love going to the Amex and the group of players we have at present is really exciting and I like the way Gus has the team playing. OK, sometimes it doesn't work, but then neither does it always work for Alex Ferguson etc. Yes, it's great to be a Brighton fan at the moment, especially living just outside Portsmouth. Although being near to Southampton can sometimes be quite painful.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I used to go to the Goldstone but never went to Withdean (work took me away from Sussex), I love going to the Amex and the group of players we have at present is really exciting and I like the way Gus has the team playing.
Got your flame suit on?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Harsh to compare the shite that Adams served up with the wilkins era. Deano did a good job and we played the right way. Adams was shocking and we went backwards.

Inside info: Wilkins was an unjustified nasty piece of work to our best players on the training ground, and was bollocked for it.

I know it's hard to believe that the non-tacking gentle midfielder could be like that as a manager, and with such a nice brother.

Lacked man management skills. Better off coaching Dean Hammond, Lallana & Co where he isn't the boss.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Inside info: Wilkins was an unjustified nasty piece of work to our best players on the training ground, and was bollocked for it.

I know it's hard to believe that the non-tacking gentle midfielder could be like that as a manager, and with such a nice brother.

Lacked man management skills. Better off coaching Dean Hammond, Lallana & Co where he isn't the boss.

Can you elaborate?

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
It's bloody amazing, I've always been so proud to be a Brighton fan but now I'm frigging over the moon.
It's still a million miles away, but with 7 league games and possible play off games to come. We could be only 10 games away from the premier league. Unbelievable

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
There's a feelgood factor around the club that hasn't been bettered since the late 70's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here