Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How excited are you about the game against Palace?

How excited are you about the Palace game

• Total voters

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I am looking forward to it as always but obviously not being there puts a little dampener on it. Having to wait 9 days between matches is also a piss off. Let's hope we find our shooting boots in that time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Palace are 15/4. Thought they'd be longer than that, but I might still have a cheeky consolation bet. I'll wait till the teams are in - if there's no SEGW then I'd expect that to lengthen considerably.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Looking forwwrd to it a lot. Palace must be red hot favourites but it'd be nice to win to get revenge for the Palace smash and grab larceny the last time they visited the Amex ( and the last match I attended ).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Palace are 15/4. Thought they'd be longer than that, but I might still have a cheeky consolation bet. I'll wait till the teams are in - if there's no SEGW then I'd expect that to lengthen considerably.

The consolation bet for me is a 0-0 draw at 15/2. In fact, I’m absolutely convinced it’ll be 0-0.

I might have a bet on Palace having no shots as well.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I am really looking forward to it. We're playing better than we ever have in the PL and they are at a real low point and genuinely in danger of relegation.

A Palace fan I know simply refuses to talk about football anymore. To quote his last rant to me in a text a few days ago - Brighton are going to win 5.0, Roy is clueless and has to go, the 442 they play is shit, their centre backs are 9,000 years old, Wilf is out for ages and definitely out of this game, the only way they don't get hammered is if Tompkins is fit and even then they'll still lose. He's written this game off and the relegation 6 pointer against Fulham a week later is now a bigger match. Things are so bad he'd take Smug Eddie apparently!

So I still fully expect it to finish 1.1 obviously.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Voted Meh but think that’s literally because of the crushing inevitability of the result due to the below:

1. We’re due a bit of a stinker... [Burnley doesn’t count in my book as it was a tired performance but one with grit to not lose]
2. You know Zaha will have a comeback of Lazurian proportions and put us to the sword
3. They can’t keep being as crap as they have

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Without fans it's just another game. I'd be BANG up for it if the stadium was open. M'eh.

Exactly where I am. I would have been ramping up the excitement over the weekend for the Monday night if we were going to be at the game, but we're not so it's just another slob out on the sofa and hope we don't embarrass ourselves.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Voted Meh but think that’s literally because of the crushing inevitability of the result due to the below:

1. We’re due a bit of a stinker... [Burnley doesn’t count in my book as it was a tired performance but one with grit to not lose]
2. You know Zaha will have a comeback of Lazurian proportions and put us to the sword
3. They can’t keep being as crap as they have

Replace Burnley with Wimbledon and Zaha with Zamora and this seems like what Palace fans were thinking in October 2002. They just knew we were going to turn them over at Selhurst that day because we simply weren't going to carry on being shit forever...

SAC

May 21, 2014
Although not just another game, no fans makes all games a bit meh. Will probably get nervous, rather than excited, on Monday afternoon.

It's not helped by my stream being at least a minute behind the action.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I liked Woy's comment about his contract situation:

"What's happening at the end of the season, Roy?"

"I don't know, and I don't really care"

Inspirational :lolol:

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
The way we've been playing someone is due a thumping. Might as well be them!

Hopefully they don't sack Hodgson in the meantime meaning they'll be playing to impress a new manager.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I’m as excited as I can be for a game with no fans. Hopefully the last Palace game we’ll play without a full house.

The last match I attended was us losing to Palace almost a year ago. I’ll be watching from behind the sofa, Doctor Who style, hoping that doesn’t happen again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here