Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how EMBARRASING...

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
How embarassing is it when you are walking down the street, sitting in the office, at the football...ANYWHERE when out of the corner of your EYE you notice someone you THINK you recognise....SO you do the SMILE, a little WAVE which evolves into a FULL wave..

ONLY to realise that you DON'T know them...

I've JUST this second DONE that...:thud:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
How embarassing is it when you are walking down the street, sitting in the office, at the football...ANYWHERE when out of the corner of your EYE you notice someone you THINK you recognise....SO you do the SMILE, a little WAVE which evolves into a FULL wave..

ONLY to realise that you DON'T know them...

I've JUST this second DONE that...:thud:

Enjoy the experience. They will spend the rest of the day trying desperately to remember who you are?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I have fund a solution to this problem - I have stopped wearing my glasses. I don't recognise anyone because they are all to fecking blurry. It is great!

It has to be said, I still wear my glasses to the footie - it is pointless spending money not to see the match.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
These experiences remind me of the effects that Class-A durgs often create, apparently.. :whistle:

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
At a previous job many years ago, I walked past a friend whose back was to me while he was doing some photocopying, I sneaked up behind him grabbed him in a headlock pulled his head down and started rubbing his head. As you do.

Only to find out it wasn't my mate but an external auditor who had a very similar hairstyle to my friends from the back!

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
At a previous job many years ago, I walked past a friend whose back was to me while he was doing some photocopying, I sneaked up behind him grabbed him in a headlock pulled his head down and started rubbing his head. As you do.

Only to find out it wasn't my mate but an external auditor who had a very similar hairstyle to my friends from the back!

f***ing BRILLIANT. I can only IMAGINE the HORROR you felt. :ascarf:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Another excellent thread JD.

Only the other night, I was called upon to open the door to some new arrivals. The party was a welcome back to a friend who has been serving in Afghanistan. A few beers and some wine had inebriated my judgement slightly. I swung open the door and threw my arms around a chap who I thought was an old uni friend. As it turned out, he was the boyfriend of the girl from the flat above who had been invited. The look of shock on his face, after the close encounter, was a sight to behold.

In my defence, he was a definited stunt double of the old friend.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I work for musical instrument wholesaler and we're often blagging free tickets to see bands. In the early 90's we used to get freebies to see Guns n Roses at Wembley when they played. Me and a mate were in the Royal Box as thats where they stuck us and Jonathon King was a couple of rows in front - he turned around, thought he recognised us and waved, so we waved back. This happened a few times throughout the gig.... Looking back we were quite young at the time, perhaps he was priming us??!?

scooter1

How soon is now?
And another time when I played Sunday League football i'd had a running battle with some guy on the other side. I felt at the time that he'd tried to kick 7 bells out of me and at the end of the game I refused to shake his hand and called him a c**t. 2 weeks later I started a new sales job, and was put in his team - needless to say I didn't last too long there

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Very red faced when this happens.

When driving with pals I play a little 'beep and wave' the number of total strangers who wave at you then realise they have no idea who you are......makes us laught :laugh:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
How about when you're waiting for a bus and a car beeps & pulls up. You don't recognise the car, can't see the driver so, do you make a move towards the open door, only to find the lift is for someone else?

Having been caught out before, i tend to ignore...then you get the driver, who does know you, shouting out to get your attention.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
How about when you're waiting for a bus and a car beeps & pulls up. You don't recognise the car, can't see the driver so, do you make a move towards the open door, only to find the lift is for someone else?

Having been caught out before, i tend to ignore...then you get the driver, who does know you, shouting out to get your attention.

Done that. I was warned that I was being picked up in a brand new Audi A4 and opened the door to the first one that pulled up into the nearby bus stop. He looked a little puzzled/irate, but I warned him that a bus was coming and he thanked me for it. I think I got away with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here