Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How easy to get a ticket for the withdean

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's because we're down the bottom of the table, now if we were up near the top....'kin fairweather fans :lol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Were still advertising them at the club shop half an hour ago (15:30 Monday) and could hear the lad on the ticket office phone still taking ticket orders for tomorrow night.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Bugger, I have to work late or I'd go. Personally I'm quite happy if it's gonna be this easy to get tickets, I might just get to a few more games this season.

The longer we stay at Withdean, the more this pool of "occasional fans" who might go along to a game on spec is shrinking. It's a shame, but the play-off final proved that a proper stadium will wake them all up again.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:
The longer we stay at Withdean, the more this pool of "occasional fans" who might go along to a game on spec is shrinking. It's a shame, but the play-off final proved that a proper stadium will wake them all up again.

Worrying that there's no way of proving it tho. This is the first home game of the season remember and considering 30,000 travelled down to Cardiff for a Grand Day Out, you'd reasonably expect a sell-out tomorrow. Hell, it might not even rain. Or does it clash with some unavoidable megamega Junior kids football tournament like the victory parade did? Apparently.

Last edited:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
This is definitely bad news.I've got a spare ticket for tomorrow's game ,that I am trying to sell-at this rate I won't even be able to give it away::nono:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
You haven't managed to sell 6,000 tickets? There MUST be some mistake, right?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
The Laughing Bluebird said:
You haven't managed to sell 6,000 tickets? There MUST be some mistake, right?
No mistake TLB. It is just that no one wants to go to Withdean because it is SHIT. Nuff said, And I have got a season ticket :shootself

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
bha.fatboy said:
No mistake TLB. It is just that no one wants to go to Withdean because it is SHIT.

I can appreciate that, but the club only has to sell 6,000 tickets, not 16,000. We're talking about First Division football here.

I could understand it when you weren't selling out games last season, although that was a pretty dismal show considering the side were going for promotion.

But failing to sell 6,000 tickets for a 'Championship' match is a piss-poor effort. Crewe managed to sell around about that figure for our game there on Saturday. Surely Brighton are a bigger club than Crewe, whatever the situation with the ground?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I know people are fed up with Withdean but we should be able to sell 6000 tickets for the opening Home game following promotion.This is just providing further ammo for those who say we don't need a bigger ground and could comfortably stay at Withdean

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here