Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How easy to get a ticket for the withdean

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK its not sold out YET.
But its a midweek match against Plymouth. Even in The Championship, its hardly the most inspiring of fixtures to kick off with at home. And we are at home on Saturday against far more attractive opposition. Economics will come into play - the bottom line is, whatever level we are playing at, we are asking for £22 to see Plymouth Argyle, sitting in the shittest stadium in the League, and we've been lumbered with it for 5 years. The fact of the matter is that people ARE sick and tired of the bog-standard facilities at Withdean and are bound to pick and chose the fixtures this season.

The fact that Withdean may not be sold out tomorrow night is a complete irrelevence as to whether this club needs Falmer or not (despite what Ernest may say). We can and will comfortably get crowds of 13,000 - 15,000 at Falmer for the mundane fixtures (Plymouth, Crewe, Rotherham) and will get pushing 20,000 for the more high profile games (West Ham, Leeds etc). And at a sniff of success we can look forward to some sellouts.

What we can no longer bank on is people paying top dollar for shit facilities when they have been doing so for 5 years. Falmer is a whole different ball park (literally).

If You Build It, They Will Come.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Unless you have pay on the gate for the run of the mill games, the crowds will always be 30% down on what they could be. This has been the case in the past (last 30 years), and I do not see people changing their habits.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I got a ticket for the Plymouth game easy.

What with the poor show on the seafront, not selling out at Reading & now this.....beginning to think there's a lot of people on long holidays.

Aug 21, 2003
birmingham
i would say that i think the club has a part to play in this too, i'm sure it would sell out easy if the occasional fan knew how easy it was to get a ticket. but because its a small ground people expect it to be sold out and don't bother with trying to get one.

how hard would it be for the club to put somethimg on the oficial site saying 300 tickets left for the game call the ticket office and you can get you ticket at the ground?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I posted a Thread on here a few weeks ago about my 2 kids not wanting to go to Withdean because of the facilities,ie Lack of Atmosphere and roof etc, and it now seems that they arent the only ones pissed off with it,although I am taking them tonight.

Another point could be the price of tickets,
It cost me £41.00 for the three of us to watch us play Reading in a Quality stand with a great atmosphere and view,but tonight has cost me £50.00 to sit in J Block without all of the above,no wonder they cant sell out

spidey

Jun 17, 2004
B Hill
MidlandSeagull69 said:
i would say that i think the club has a part to play in this too, i'm sure it would sell out easy if the occasional fan knew how easy it was to get a ticket. but because its a small ground people expect it to be sold out and don't bother with trying to get one.

how hard would it be for the club to put somethimg on the oficial site saying 300 tickets left for the game call the ticket office and you can get you ticket at the ground?

Agree with that.
I'm not a season ticket holder & assumed that all games would be sold out, apart from H block, which is shit in my opinion.
Will now try to get a ticket for Coventry.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
MidlandSeagull69 said:

IMHO the club could make a lot more use of local radio stations (Southern FM, Juice) by advertising that there's still tickets available for a particular game.

It will sell out. I'm not going for two simple reasons - 1)I hate Withdean 2) This all ticket bollocks means it's impossible to sit with who you like.

So no way am I paying £20 or whatever to sit at the front of the South Stand in the driving rain with a bunch of strangers who never sing. All to watch Plymouth play.

What's Reading's excuse!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
£22 to sit, possibly in the rain tonight, in the worst seats in a poor stadium. The seats available are past the goal line at the ends of the South Stand, or in the tiny stand at ground level, behind the running track at the East end of the ground.

The catering is very poor - and you can't buy a beer.

£22 is a lot of money for that.

If you have your season ticket, in a decent block of the South Stand (C-G) it is a completely different experience.

You still get wet - and the food is aweful, and there's no beer, but at least the view of the footie is OK.

I wouldn't pay the £80+ it would cost to take the family if we didn't have season tickets.

Aug 21, 2003
birmingham
Titanic said:

If you have your season ticket, in a decent block of the South Stand (C-G) it is a completely different experience.

i phoned up yesterday and got a seat in C block, and there was still seats left in H too. its been said before but £22 is £17 to watch the football and a £5 donation to the club

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
i phoned up yesterday and got a seat in C block, and there was still seats left in H too. its been said before but £22 is £17 to watch the football and a £5 donation to the club

Thats pissed me off. I ordered my tickets by post AGES ago and got two tickets for the J block!

Last edited:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
What does not help is that...

SCR announced on Saturday that the game had sold out. (not surprising really for SCR :dunce: )

The club should advertise the fact that there are tickets left in the days leading up to the match rather than leave it to the last minute.

The Argus and southern FM never seem to have any info about ticket sales.

Everyone has got a bit complacent about tickets. Loads of fans just don't bother trying any more, and the club just expect every match to sell out without putting any effort in.

Probably a lot of the tickets we have left are the single ones dotted around the ground which are hard to shift for all the reasons Danny Seagull says.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here