Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you want Dick Knight to vote on Leeds?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
*sigh* You can be an irritating self righteous muppet whenever anyone on here has a pop at a big club.

Where the f*** are MOST people on this thread suggesting that the 15 point deduction be upheld JUST BECAUSE it's Leeds? :nono:

Right......

So you are telling me if it wasnt Leeds but in fact a smaller club there would not be people saying what a bunch of wankers the FA are?

Some of the people on this thread who are saying up hold are the same people this time last year who had been saying its wrong for Rotherham to be duct 10 or when it seemed Wrexham would be given the same punishment had made it quite clear that it wasnt fair - When with out going into much detail its the same sort of thing happening to Leeds as it is Wrexham someone is trying to screw the club over.

And I said uphold so I wasnt really standing up for people who are having a go at a "big" club was I?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It has to be 'uphold', as the deduction, rightly or wrongly is the the only sanction that the football authorities have seen fit to impose for Bates' actions.

If even that lenient sanction is reduced, what message are you sending to the other devious prospectors out there?

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
before he makes a decision he wants to remember what Bates said about teams like Brighton and it wasn't very nice

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Right......

So you are telling me if it wasnt Leeds but in fact a smaller club there would not be people saying what a bunch of wankers the FA are?

Some of the people on this thread who are saying up hold are the same people this time last year who had been saying its wrong for Rotherham to be duct 10 or when it seemed Wrexham would be given the same punishment had made it quite clear that it wasnt fair - When with out going into much detail its the same sort of thing happening to Leeds as it is Wrexham someone is trying to screw the club over.

And I said uphold so I wasnt really standing up for people who are having a go at a "big" club was I?

Did Wrexham FC Ltd screw their creditors by ensuring that the more generous takeover offer was never given a chance owing to the fact that some dodgy off shore company was "owed" 70% of the money?
Did Wrexham FC Ltd take the piss by going against the spirit of the law by having it enforced at a meaningless point of the season.

And finally, you find me some threads that point to MOST of the contributors to this thread suggesting that Wrexham or Rotherham should be let off. And I mean MOST, because that is what you said.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
*sigh* You can be an irritating self righteous muppet whenever anyone on here has a pop at a big club.

Where the f*** are MOST people on this thread suggesting that the 15 point deduction be upheld JUST BECAUSE it's Leeds? :nono:

Uphold it. It's irrelevant who exactly is to blame as it's against Leeds Utd FC and not an individual.

I want Leeds f***ed. I want Wise to suffer. I want Bates humiliated.

Uphold it-with an additional 5 points because it's Leeds.

are just points on this thread, there are others on other threads but the search is not working and I am going to go out now.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Did Wrexham FC Ltd screw their creditors by ensuring that the more generous takeover offer was never given a chance owing to the fact that some dodgy off shore company was "owed" 70% of the money?
Did Wrexham FC Ltd take the piss by going against the spirit of the law by having it enforced at a meaningless point of the season.

And finally, you find me some threads that point to MOST of the contributors to this thread suggesting that Wrexham or Rotherham should be let off. And I mean MOST, because that is what you said.

Where did I also so People had been mention Wrexham on this thread LI?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Increase it.

Uphold it. It's irrelevant who exactly is to blame as it's against Leeds Utd FC and not an individual.

Uphold it-with an additional 5 points because it's Leeds.

2 points on this:

Firstly, Leeds have tried taking the piss at every opportunity: The FL, The Taxman, other clubs, creditors, CHARITIES, etc. For that alone they deserve a minimum of 15 points deducted-when the FL knows which Leeds United to deduct the points from. Their fraudulent actions are like no other.

Secondly, on a personal level I hate Leeds, and for that alone I'd like to see another 5 points deducted. No moral reasons-I simply hate them.

Don't like that? Tough-deal with it.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
2 points on this:

Firstly, Leeds have tried taking the piss at every opportunity: The FL, The Taxman, other clubs, creditors, CHARITIES, etc. For that alone they deserve a minimum of 15 points deducted-when the FL knows which Leeds United to deduct the points from. Their fraudulent actions are like no other.

Secondly, on a personal level I hate Leeds, and for that alone I'd like to see another 5 points deducted. No moral reasons-I simply hate them.

I'd agree, however, i'd give them a 50 point deduction...15 points can still be made up quite easily.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The italian league tried overly strict punishments in terms of points deduction and couldn't make it stiick in the face of other clubs reaction and the threat of legal action in response so think the suggested 15 points is realistic and edging towards being overly fair.

If they had started at a deduction of -20 you would have expected an appeal to result in a revision down to -15 anyway.

It can't go down further as -10 is the standard for being in admin and the other 5 is for not doing it through a formal CVA as required by league rules and repeatedly requested

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The italian league tried overly strict punishments in terms of points deduction and couldn't make it stiick in the face of other clubs reaction and the threat of legal action in response so think the suggested 15 points is realistic and edging towards being overly fair.

If they had started at a deduction of -20 you would have expected an appeal to result in a revision down to -15 anyway.

It can't go down further as -10 is the standard for being in admin and the other 5 is for not doing it through a formal CVA as required by league rules and repeatedly requested

yes, but they still relegated Juventus..The league should have put them into league 2

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
2 points on this:

Proves my point I think.

I dont really care who you like or dont like to be honest.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004

that is what the appeal is though. you are saying the penalty is 15points for going into admin and exiting without a cva. the club went into admin, was deducted 10 points [(albeit those points were worthless anyway) and as far as the fl were concerned never left admin] and by the way the fl rather foolishly worded their penalty should have 'only' been deducted a further 5.

making it 15 points, rather than 25.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here