Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you assess Ben White, so far?

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I wanted him to come to Leeds, but seeing how brilliantly Koch has settled into the Bielsa system, now playing better than White last year against far superior strikers, I am glad we got him for 13 million Euros, rather than spunking 30 million quid on White (or however much our final offer was). Koch was immense against City yesterday, White at fault for three of Everton's goals. Three of our back four against City cost £2 million combined. But they have been coached by Bielsa and only conceded once against one of the top teams in Europe bought for scores of millions

That offer of ours was much more than he was worth, you could have trousered the inflated price and bought a top class striker with the money. Something you needed far more than another central defender, of which you had an embarrassment of riches.

You screwed up.

Utter nonsense.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wanted him to come to Leeds, but seeing how brilliantly Koch has settled into the Bielsa system, now playing better than White last year against far superior strikers, I am glad we got him for 13 million Euros, rather than spunking 30 million quid on White (or however much our final offer was). Koch was immense against City yesterday, White at fault for three of Everton's goals. Three of our back four against City cost £2 million combined. But they have been coached by Bielsa and only conceded once against one of the top teams in Europe bought for scores of millions

That offer of ours was much more than he was worth, you could have trousered the inflated price and bought a top class striker with the money. Something you needed far more than another central defender, of which you had an embarrassment of riches.

You screwed up.

Guess what? I am fecking delighted we turned down your offers and pissed your fanbase off to such a degree. I am also delighted Ben White is an Albion player, so go suck on that you boring troll

You come on here spouting drivel after every game. Yes, Leeds did well yesterday but when you do feck up in games, which you will, you won’t find me gloating on a Leeds forum. You sad old man

The bitterness from some Leeds fans is pathetic. Not a word of thanks from so many of you for loaning you a player who had a big part in getting you to this division. Despicable fan base

Starry is a shining light on here. He was spot on in his assessment of White whilst all this Bielsa made White nonsense was being spouted by trolls like you, but then he was on here when Leeds were a tier three team unlike the PL trolls over the last few months

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Another Ben White error......

You screwed up.

Fulham scored 3 against you.
Keeper saved you against goal shy Sheff Utd.

I would say it’s your attacking play that has saved you. Not sure Koch has a lot to do with it, though obviously must have done well against the 4-6-0 City formation [emoji6]

Has he given away two pens in 4 games?

White remains the better option IMO.

Still a good start and winning the games you need to win, and City is a good point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Good post. To be fair a few level headed Leeds fans did warn us. ....

Well yes. And can you spot the difference between that (perfectly reasonable assessment) and the utter drivel that you opened this thread with?

If not then maybe this whole 'expressing your thoughts in writing' thing isn't for you.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

You screwed up.
Oh what a treat, this arrogant CJTC has reappeared, lucky us.

Personally I’d like to see this thread deleted, it’s completely unwarranted and also attracts unnecessary attention from dullards like Killer Whale. Stick it in the bin.

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020

I would say it’s your attacking play that has saved you. Not sure Koch has a lot to do with it, though obviously must have done well against the 4-6-0 City formation [emoji6]

Still a good start and winning the games you need to win, and City is a good point.

Did you see the City game? Genuine question?

Koch was fantastic. He had a nightmare start, (although one of the penalties was given in error as it was off his knee first) but he was facing one of the best forward lines in world football, with a makeshift partner he had never played alongside, after a few days learning the system.

Against Fulham he had improved, but was still adjusting. It is a complicated way of playing, you can't just walk into it. Against Sheffield he was better still. Now he is playing at a higher level than White did for us.

And we have a Spanish international centre back at the club too, being Bielsafied.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

You screwed up.

Revealed yourself to be the idiot we always knew you were.

Nobody has screwed up, it's 4 games in, in which you played well against Liverpool and looked like a bunch of under 9s against a shit Fulham team, squeezed past an average SU in a 50/50 game and mugged a massively under performing City who should and would normally score more of the chances they wasted. Koch has given away 2 penalties, he doesn't look bad, he doesn't look fantastic either. White has 4 games in the PL with new team mates, position and system. He'll be just fine.

So far our 4 opening games have been harder, on paper. We have had 3 decent performance where we could've taken 9 points but took 3, and the Man U game with new PL record of hitting woodwork 5x was a day where the luck wasn't with us. This is the first 4 games of Potters new system, you've played yours for over 2 seasons. Everton was a bad day at the office. You'll get plenty for your shit defence. Carthorse Cooper will be shown up to be the useless clogger he is.

I'm still very confident after the next 34 games we'll finish above Leeds, especially after we have played more of the real bottom half competitors.

Enjoy the giddy heights, it won't last and nor will Leeds last in the top 10, even with a 100kpw striker.

You're getting ahead of yourself, season isn't 4 games so do one.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Those 3 goals for Fulham are the only goals they’ve scored this season, also Sheffield Utd haven’t actually scored a goal, Liverpool put 4 past them but could have had 8. They did well to get a point from City though.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Koch was fantastic. He had a nightmare start, (although one of the penalties was given in error as it was off his knee first) but he was facing one of the best forward lines in world football, with a makeshift partner he had never played alongside, after a few days learning the system.

Against Fulham he had improved, but was still adjusting. It is a complicated way of playing, you can't just walk into it. Against Sheffield he was better still. Now he is playing at a higher level than White did for us.

And we have a Spanish international centre back at the club too, being Bielsafied.

Superb analysis, Koch played well against a team that haven’t scored a goal yet this season. Thanks for that.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I assume Killer Whale watched White play with a cigar in his mouth against Newcastle, and comfortably pocketed Werner against Chelsea?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Those 3 goals for Fulham are the only goals they’ve scored this season, also Sheffield Utd haven’t actually scored a goal, Liverpool put 4 past them but could have had 8. They did well to get a point from City though.

Exactly.
I don’t care for Leeds either way in all honesty.

I have found the White thing irritating more than anything, and sure he had a difficult day yesterday, but nobody goes an entire season without off-days, add to that he is still learning, made a significant step up in class........ I would say he’s fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Exactly.

I have found the White thing irritating more than anything, and sure he had a difficult day yesterday, but nobody goes an entire season without off-days, add to that he is still learning, made a significant step up in class........ I would say he’s fine.

Absolutely, I’d be more worried about the two other centre backs playing like rookies at the moment.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Exactly.

Lamptey last season at Stains had a mare, and now look at him. It happens with quality youngsters taking first steps at this level.

White will be just fine. He's a smart lad and I'm sure he will be his own worst critic and will learn from it

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
Revealed yourself to be the idiot we always knew you were.

Nobody has screwed up, it's 4 games in, in which you played well against Liverpool and looked like a bunch of under 9s against a shit Fulham team, squeezed past an average SU in a 50/50 game and mugged a massively under performing City who should and would normally score more of the chances they wasted. Koch has given away 2 penalties, he doesn't look bad, he doesn't look fantastic either. White has 4 games in the PL with new team mates, position and system. He'll be just fine.

So far our 4 opening games have been harder, on paper. We have had 3 decent performance where we could've taken 9 points but took 3, and the Man U game with new PL record of hitting woodwork 5x was a day where the luck wasn't with us. This is the first 4 games of Potters new system, you've played yours for over 2 seasons. Everton was a bad day at the office. You'll get plenty for your shit defence. Carthorse Cooper will be shown up to be the useless clogger he is.

I'm still very confident after the next 34 games we'll finish above Leeds, especially after we have played more of the real bottom half competitors.

Enjoy the giddy heights, it won't last and nor will Leeds last in the top 10, even with a 100kpw striker.

You're getting ahead of yourself, season isn't 4 games so do one.

I am no expert on Brighton, and (as this board well knows) a dullard and an idiot.

Could you tell me how many times you have played City since you got promoted, and how many points you have taken from them?

As for you finishing above Leeds, sure you can talk the talk but can you walk the walk? Let's reconvene on NSC at the end of the season and see how your prediction fared.

Is that a date?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Yes, good game very open. I would suggest Mahrez is a lot easier to play against than Aguero for a CB.

Re the penalty, as we know to our cost, officials rarely favour smaller teams in the PL.

Spanish CBs have been a bit mixed in success, but I’m sure you’ve done your homework. Enjoy.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Lamptey last season at Stains had a mare, and now look at him. It happens with quality youngsters taking first steps at this level.

White will be just fine. He's a smart lad and I'm sure he will be his own worst critic and will learn from it

Exactly.

The current England goalie didn’t cover himself in glory yesterday.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I am no expert on Brighton, and (as this board well knows) a dullard and an idiot.

Could you tell me how many times you have played City since you got promoted, and how many points you have taken from them?

As for you finishing above Leeds, sure you can talk the talk but can you walk the walk? Let's reconvene on NSC at the end of the season and see how your prediction fared.

Is that a date?

Can you **** off until then?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Is that a date?

Bookmark it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here