Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you assess Ben White, so far?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
All that hype.

Not good enough.

Why did we ditch the solid Duffy ? Crazy

OMG! I’ve read it all now.

NSC is full of deranged fools.

I mean WTAF!

Based on what evidence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It seems like White and Webster are the new scapegoats.

The fact that we lost might have something to do with Everton being very good! Any mistakes we made were punished.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
This.

Manager wayyyy too arrogant against the big boys

Why not just play our flashy gung ho football against 11th placed team and below. Why oh why do we have to try and go toe to toe with better teams. Surely theres a middle ground

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Because we can beat them. We have outplayed every opponent for at least part of the game playing like this.

I'd also rather watch this kind of football than accept a few more 0-0 draws

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
22 years old and has looked absolute quality to me already. Very strange thread, we should be celebrating him.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He'll get more consistant like Webster did. Defenders for us will have more opportunities to make a mistake, than playing for a team bossing their league.

He'll be fine and suits us well for the future.

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
Needs to get wise soon. But then so does all the defenders. The worst I've seen dunk play. Looks as though he has his mind on something else.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
It's about marking a zone rather than a player so the team can keep it's formation tight. Didn't you know?

Man marking no good these days then? All those years it worked quite well but now we just stand on a zone. All the opposition have to do is stand away from the zone and guess what? They score. :facepalm:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Seems like a few people are disagreeing with this so just thought I’d say I totally agree. United have so much pace they are lethal on the counter attack. They have struggled in a lot of games against teams who get men behind the goal. If you try and out-football them it doesn’t tend to work. Palace are perfectly set up to play United.

Chelsea and City, on the other hand, have their major vulnerabilities in the centre of defence so the way to beat them is to go after them.
Except we did totally outfootball United and only didn't win the game due to some terrible decisions and the biggest slice of bad luck I have ever seen.

Next!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
WACCOE who closed down their Ben White thread once it was inevitable they weren't getting him, have today reopened it because of this thread, and are having a right laugh at many of the tw@tish comments on here.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Dear Ben,
If you are reading this thread please do not feel upset by some of the comments.
You will find that there are certain posters who will criticise you/the team whatever you do.
You could score 3 goals and make 3 clearances from the line in a single game and there would still be those who find fault.
You are doing great, you are young, it’s your first season in the Premier League and you will get better and better.
Regards, Petunia

This ^

cc PW

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yes we did, but we conceded three goals. Point proved. Palace played very little football at OT, got men behind the ball and countered. That’s how you beat United, the last two years of form shows it.

Palace are perfectly set up to play ourselves too, deep defensive line and congested penalty box which will draw more and more players forward surrendering possession gladly, then they’ll spring a counter attack with pace through Zaha, Ayew, Eze and Townsend. Our team and formation is not built for playing from behind, if we can get the lead it’s perfect, otherwise we end up over committing and getting done on the break.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
For people unfamiliar with the OP, he has formerly claimed to have a dead sister and that Manchester City's Marc-Vivien Foe may have tragically died at the age of 28 due to "Roids".

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Great on the ball and his passing is superb but has been caught out both challenging with the ball on the ground and in the air.

Can see why there were reports of his aerial weakness from Leeds last season.

Very early days and should rightly improve adding consistency with experience.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
For people unfamiliar with the OP, he has formerly claimed to have a dead sister and that Manchester City's Marc-Vivien Foe may have tragically died at the age of 28 due to "Roids".
Did I claim to have a dead sister ? If you can find that post then fine but I don't believe I said that ...

As for Marc Vivien foe it wasn't know what he died of for quite a while.... it needed a second autopsy. Long term steroid use could cause heart failure so hardly a reach.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Great on the ball and his passing is superb but has been caught out both challenging with the ball on the ground and in the air.

Can see why there were reports of his aerial weakness from Leeds last season.

Very early days and should rightly improve adding consistency with experience.
Good post. To be fair a few level headed Leeds fans did warn us. ....

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Nothing to see here.. a very good, young player learning to play at the highest level. See also Adam Webster this time last year.

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
WACCOE who closed down their Ben White thread once it was inevitable they weren't getting him, have today reopened it because of this thread, and are having a right laugh at many of the tw@tish comments on here.

I wanted him to come to Leeds, but seeing how brilliantly Koch has settled into the Bielsa system, now playing better than White last year against far superior strikers, I am glad we got him for 13 million Euros, rather than spunking 30 million quid on White (or however much our final offer was). Koch was immense against City yesterday, White at fault for three of Everton's goals. Three of our back four against City cost £2 million combined. But they have been coached by Bielsa and only conceded once against one of the top teams in Europe bought for scores of millions

That offer of ours was much more than he was worth, you could have trousered the inflated price and bought a top class striker with the money. Something you needed far more than another central defender, of which you had an embarrassment of riches.

You screwed up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here