Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do they do it every f***ing week????

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
sir_alex_ferguson___167634c.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
MUFC whether you like it or not are a very good football team with a depth of quility and resiliance I have not seen since the days when Liverpool ruled European football for around 8 years or so.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Probably but they are a very good team no matter what you think

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
It has often beeen suggested that Sir Alex would struggle ata small club like Rochdale but I wonder, I dont think that he would.

neither do i - his record before united was good, and he built a side out of youth players before spending loads of money - top class manager

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No matter how good you are as a team, luck is required to score late goals. They were outplayed at Spurs and somehow snatched an equaliser and once again they score late on tonight, that's 2 late goals in a couple of weeks?

Not forgetting the two late goals against Bayern Munich in the Champions League Final in 1999 etc etc etc

They get a lot of late goals as they are a very good team.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Not forgetting the two late goals against Bayern Munich in the Champions League Final in 1999 etc etc etc

They get a lot of late goals as they are a very good team.

Why are you equating "lots of late goals" to the fact they're a good team. They might be a good team but that doesn't necessarily equate?

So how do teams constantly score very late goals in games? Is it because they have more determination? Is it because they are luckier? They have better collective focus? What is the reason? Leeds were scoring very late on in games...maybe it's a knack.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'd personal equate last minute goals with

1. Physical Fitness
2. Psychological Fitness

.. two things which go to make a good team.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'd personal equate last minute goals with

1. Physical Fitness
2. Psychological Fitness

.. two things which go to make a good team.

Along with a determination to play to the very last second.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I find it hard to hate United. Ferguson built his success on trusting to young English players and that is a model I wish the other big clubs would follow. Yes he has spent lots of money in recent years but so has everyone else. Of the four 'cheaters' Man U have aleats some self-respect and commitment to the British game unlike Chelsesa who just spend, Aresenal who are full of foriegners and Livcerpool who just have no idea.

Opps... it must be time for...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
And out come a smattering of the sheep-like anti Man Utd brigade :tosser: who really don't have a clue what they are talking about and why they are talking it, but who just go into automatic pilot, anticipting that they are on safe ground, thinking that everyone else will agree with them. Exactly why is Alex Ferguson a wanker? Petty jealousy will get you nowhere.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
It has often beeen suggested that Sir Alex would struggle ata small club like Rochdale but I wonder, I dont think that he would.

An interesting point. When Fergy started at United, I seem to recall that they got close to being relegated, but they stuck with him, gave him the time that so many other managers never seem to get, and it's paid off big time.

I'm convinced he'd do well wherever he went as Manager, as long as he was given time to rebuild from the ground up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here