Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do they do it every f***ing week????

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
An interesting point. When Fergy started at United, I seem to recall that they got close to being relegated, but they stuck with him, gave him the time that so many other managers never seem to get, and it's paid off big time.

I'm convinced he'd do well wherever he went as Manager, as long as he was given time to rebuild from the ground up.

He would probably have been sacked if they had lost away to Forest in the 3rd round of the FA Cup and the form book suggested they would.

However Mark Robbins scored a late winner and the rest is history as I think they won the Cup Winners Cup the next year and then huge success.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
He would probably have been sacked if they had lost away to Forest in the 3rd round of the FA Cup and the form book suggested they would.

However Mark Robbins scored a late winner and the rest is history as I think they won the Cup Winners Cup the next year and then huge success.

On such events are future's decided

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
On such events are future's decided

I suspect in this case yes as it really was considered very poor football for the standards expected at MUFC however they were then what Liverpool are now.

In fact the situation was reversed as Liverpool were the beat team by miles at the time.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
No matter how good you are as a team, luck is required to score late goals. They were outplayed at Spurs and somehow snatched an equaliser and once again they score late on tonight, that's 2 late goals in a couple of weeks?

it cant be luck the amoubt uniited do it, maybe its fitness/mentally better than the opposition

and cos Ronaldo is the best player in the world at the moment

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It must be the key to success, I seem to remember during our champion seasons we had a habit of grabbing late winners (usually Zamora 90)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
it cant be luck the amoubt uniited do it, maybe its fitness/mentally better than the opposition

and cos Ronaldo is the best player in the world at the moment

Its a lot to do with Fitness.

The less fit you are the slower you react to things as the game goes on - Man Utd must be the the most fit team in the league - which is down to Fergie chaning the whole of the clubs culture when he first came.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here