Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do I get over a break up?

Danny Seagull's Mate

Babe of the Year 2003
Sep 28, 2003
Woodingdean
Hi Richie, thought I'd add to the already very good advice.

I split with my boyfriend this saturday, it was of my doing, but I know exactly how you are feeling right now. He is trying everything to get back with me......I think you should maybe talk to your ex, it's all part of the healing process and maybe sort out some closure, so you can get on with your life. I'm already enjoying being single and its only been three days. Humans were designed to have numerous partners, so go out there and start living your life.

Take it easy, speak soon

slackerpage

Sep 13, 2003
I know how your feeeling mate im i the same boat at the moment,been apart for 2 months know and the pain is slowly easing. dont do what i did sending flowers writing letters etc it didnt work.All it showed her was i was still there but she knows that anyway.you need to stay away go out with your mates just like peolpe say the more you stay away the more she will think and the beter you will feel.I found the best thing was to keep busy,my girl has got a new bloke which has really killed me as you can expect and i keep telling myself it wont work but maybe thats not the best thing i need to forget and move on as you do what will be will be mate.

Danny Seagull's Mate said:
I'm already enjoying being single and its only been three days. Humans were designed to have numerous partners, so go out there and start living your life.

Take it easy, speak soon

Yeeer ! Hows about you go get a girlfriend you like, and we can try out that "numerous partners" for a while. I'll buy some creams and some fun toys, and let's make it nice and intimate, by the fireside, just the 3 of us :p

I think you should maybe talk to your ex, it's all part of the healing process and maybe sort out some closure, so you can get on with your life.B]

Nah, don't have any of that Richie - that's a definite for NOT getting on with your life. I mean what the feck are you going to talk about ? How soft you are and how pathetic she can now see you as ? Sob into her ear and let her know she can always come back ? Closure as you worry about every word that was spoken ?
Jeezus !

Silence is golden mate, step away from the heat and you won't get burned - and if she tries contacting you, avoiding and dissing her will more likely make her feel guilty and sorry than being a limpet ! Anyway, you need some distance from the whole affair - so keep your distance and avoid !

Danny Seagull's Mate

Babe of the Year 2003
Sep 28, 2003
Woodingdean
Talking it over with my ex was his decision because he was trying to understand why, everyone has different processes when breaking up, it was just a suggestion. Come to think of it, we havent spoken since monday, so maybe this is the 'silence is golden bit.'

Hey, Albion won that should cheer you up

Arsenal played crap last night and Chelsea will kick ass in the Champions league tonight.

Be happy :lolol:

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Hi Richie, thought I'd add to the already very good advice.

I split with my boyfriend this saturday, it was of my doing, but I know exactly how you are feeling right now. He is trying everything to get back with me......I think you should maybe talk to your ex, it's all part of the healing process and maybe sort out some closure, so you can get on with your life. I'm already enjoying being single and its only been three days. Humans were designed to have numerous partners, so go out there and start living your life.

Take it easy, speak soon

Was that the tasty women at the Sheff Wed game??:p

Danny Seagull's Mate

Babe of the Year 2003
Sep 28, 2003
Woodingdean
Hey Gary Nelson.........I was with Dan Rolf (Danny Seagull) at the Sheffield Wednesday game......dunno if I met you or not hun??

Might see you at stockport at the end of the month if you're going.

Take it easy :dunce:

Having been through it myself and having 2 close people to me suffer thisyear, I feel I kinda know what to do.

Firstly - DON'T DRINK!!!!! It makes you depressed. You will either be crying into your beer or starting fights. In the long run, it's best if you stick to soft drinks for a couple of months.

DON'T PULL - No women will compare to your ex. Be single for a couple of months (and this also means no sex!) You will either get emotionally attached to them and/or will also be in the wrong frame of mind - you'll probably get depressed again.

BE WITH YOUR MATES - go out, stay in, but have a laugh - they will be there for you.

DON'T PULL ONE OF HER MATES - you may find this silly - but my friend did this and it's not a good idea

After a couple of months - go out, get pissed, shag around, do what you want. You'll have lots of fun.

After a little while (or a year and counting in my case!) Start dating again. But nothing full on. Just fun!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
BrightonBird said:
Having been through it myself and having 2 close people to me suffer thisyear, I feel I kinda know what to do.

Firstly - DON'T DRINK!!!!! It makes you depressed. You will either be crying into your beer or starting fights. In the long run, it's best if you stick to soft drinks for a couple of months.

DON'T PULL - No women will compare to your ex. Be single for a couple of months (and this also means no sex!) You will either get emotionally attached to them and/or will also be in the wrong frame of mind - you'll probably get depressed again.

Sounds the best advice to date...cheers
BE WITH YOUR MATES - go out, stay in, but have a laugh - they will be there for you.

DON'T PULL ONE OF HER MATES - you may find this silly - but my friend did this and it's not a good idea

After a couple of months - go out, get pissed, shag around, do what you want. You'll have lots of fun.

After a little while (or a year and counting in my case!) Start dating again. But nothing full on. Just fun!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Just my two cents worth Ritchie - I got out of a very long relationship (8 years) and thought I'd be on the shelf/lonely for a long long time....

then someone else came around the next corner so to speak and I'm happier than I've ever been....

Life has some really crap lows which take time to heal but also has some brilliant highs...hang in there and do some things for yourself for a while....

Dandyman

In London village.
...and failing all the sensible options. Shag her best mate.

:lolol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Incidentally if any female users on here want to help a fellow albion fan through what is a difficult time feel free to PM me...and if any of the males fancy buying me a drink or two next time Im home..feel free.;) ;)

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
any ladies goin through a hard time, pm me and i'll give u better hard time ;)

Pulling one of her mates would be excellent !

Face it, birds love a bloke who dogs 'em, they can't STAND having their tail-feathers burned .

Travel is an excellent idea (as cheesroll suggests) and well worth the investment for saving your soul.
Hit the road for a while, and don't bother to look over your shoulder !

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
NMH said:
Pulling one of her mates would be excellent !

Face it, birds love a bloke who dogs 'em, they can't STAND having their tail-feathers burned .

Travel is an excellent idea (as cheesroll suggests) and well worth the investment for saving your soul.
Hit the road for a while, and don't bother to look over your shoulder !

I couldn't have said it better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here