Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How did you propose to your other half?

Michael Bolton

Jan 7, 2009
Half a bottle of cloroform, first.

I then soldered the ring to her finger to make sure she didn't get away.

10 years now going strong!

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Barcelona for me - been 12 years and she was moaning about it..

Bought a ring, kept in my pocket throught the 3 day stay trying to find the 'ideal' moment. Nearly lost it twice, it fell out one night when taking me trousers off in the hotel and rolled across the floor, but got away with it.

Got phsyced up for Parc Guell (bloody tourists put me off my stride, and lost my bottle.)
La pedrera - Time out says 'Have cocktails on the roof..cool.Once she found out there is no bar or cocktails at all, she shouted over 'Stop mucking about, this is shit, lets go and get a pint..' and that was that over with..
Nou Camp - No WAY was i going to do it in front of 90k fans, yep bottled it.!
Sagrada Familia - Thought top of this might be a winner, but no, thousands of bloody tourista's, 1 hour wait for the lift, sod that..

Last day and getting desperate..was looking like departure lounge at gate 14 was the scene of my most romantic moment..
Just 3 hours before leaving for airport, went past a park called Parc De La Ciutadella, and BANG, pretty waterfalls, a lake type thing, and no one around.. :love:

She thought i'd just fallen over.. :( :jester:

DC Rules

Could It Be Forever?
Sep 19, 2006
We were already living together, after I had left my first husband for him. I rang him at work to say my divorce had come through, and he said you'd better go and book the registry office...so I did. When he came home, I told him it was all booked, and we got married about 4 weeks later, in 1991.
Still together

Stumpy Tim

WhiteHaven Beach, WhitSunday Islands. I rang her Dad a week before and he asked whether I could ring back a week later, and then said he would ring Su to discuss. He's Chinese so didn't really understand what I was asking. Her Mum did though and he rang back apologising and gave permission

I wanted to do the deed on a Sunset cruise, but she refused to go as she believed it to be a waste of money. When I offered to pay she said, "Someone's keen to go. Maybe someone's going to propose". f***ing clown.

So Plan B was WhiteHaven Beach. Married 18 months and have a 2 month old girl

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
She proposed to me on Feb 29th, took me mildy by suprise, but hey ho, 16 years later we are still happily married.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In the Isles of Scilly.

After a meal at Tean Restaurant at St Martins on the Isle, we had a private boat ride at a very low neap tide in the fog (and dark) back to St Agnes, where we were staying.

I proposed on the quay at St Agnes before retiring to the Turks Head where she ordered "a brandy for a shock".

This was last August and we got married in October.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Manu national park in Peru.

Having survived the Inca trail and a week in the jungle together being bitten to death by insects and surrounded by crocs, it seemed the least I could do was ask her to wed me.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
i didn't get a no from mrs starry but i did what i thought was the honourable thing (flew for a day to ireland) and went to her dad and asked him if i could marry his daughter first and he told me he didn't think i was right, miserable irish fecker.

we went to ingleton and i asked her to marry me there, she said yes right away. that was about thirteen years ago i think.

about seven years after we got married her dad told me he had been wrong in thinking i wasn't right. he is such a grumpy sod.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I proposed at midnight on new years eve 2001. I had planne don it being romantic but in the end I was so hammered it was far from it. We went to a part where all our friends were and unfortunately I ended up drinking the best part of a bottle of dark rum so I kind of slurred it into her ear. She still said yes and we've been married 6 years and have two kids so not all bad.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
On one knee, in my boxer shorts, in front of the Christmas Tree on Christmas Day morning.

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
exactly the same as me, she loved it.

got married on valentines day in Dominican republic, split up 6 months later. i have now just signed the divorce papers and now on the hunt for the next one. once i've found her ill be taking some good advice from the people of nsc as mine clearly didnt work!!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
i didn't get a no from mrs starry but i did what i thought was the honourable thing (flew for a day to ireland) and went to her dad and asked him if i could marry his daughter first and he told me he didn't think i was right, miserable irish fecker.

we went to ingleton and i asked her to marry me there, she said yes right away. that was about thirteen years ago i think.

about seven years after we got married her dad told me he had been wrong in thinking i wasn't right. he is such a grumpy sod.

:lolol::lolol::lolol: that's brilliant! I've never known a parent actually say no!

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
He asked me in a round about way.
Was sat on my youngest daughters bed with him and the two girls, he gave me a rose and then a box which had a ring in it, he said "We could call it an engagement ring if you want"!
Could have at least said the four words, Will you marry me? :rolleyes: :annoyed:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here