Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How did you hear about NSC?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Strike said:
Only intended to be a rare poster on here whilst being a regular poster on the offical website.
yeah same here , somehow thats reversed though

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Can't remember. I knew it existed in 1997 because of Fans Utd but I made a concious effort to avoid it as I though it would be full of 15 year olds. When I did finally find it in about Feb/March 1999 (I think I followed a link from somewhere) - it DID seem to be full of 15 year olds. It took a fair bit of lurking before the wit and wisdom of Simster, Barnet, MoH and DKM made me post regularly.

(I'm going to save this somewhere so that next time this topic comes up I don't have to re-type it)

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
1996, when still a part of Manx Seagull's fan site (one of the first - wasn't it the "Seagull Server?" The old memory may be playing tricks). Was looking for Albion sites on AltaVista - I'm not sure even Google existed back then.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Trying to do searches for atricles for The Goldstone Ground and related items,

searched "North stand ", the rest is history!!

:clap:

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Kept hearing references on SCR phone in's after games and Ian Hart's references to ".............. from North Stand Chat".

Only guested for a while before taking the plunge in March and registering. Coincidentally about the same time broadband and interent access arrived at work.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Did as search on google when I first went online in early 98, back in the days when DTE was spamming the site with lengthy messages of garbage, have posted fairly regularly since then in several different guises, namely McGully, Van der Gully and Chris Ramsay's Socks before losing the prefix and becoming plain old Gully.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Lord Bracknell said:
Braders found out from Yorkie?

:eek:

There's a serious case for banning someone I think.

:glare:
errrr... i mean Looney

*phew*

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I remember the old NSC site, back in the days. Think it was reccomended to me by a mate called Footy that I used to go the goldstone with. Don't know what happened to him though...

D

Deleted User X18H

London Irish said:
It's a dodgy area around there and no mistake. I guess as soon as you've sold enough insurance you'll be looking to move on?
Hmmmmmmmmm the words own and goal spring to mind although our place is worth or valued at £105,000
more than we paid for it.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Trufflehound said:
1996, when still a part of Manx Seagull's fan site (one of the first - wasn't it the "Seagull Server?" The old memory may be playing tricks). Was looking for Albion sites on AltaVista - I'm not sure even Google existed back then.

100% correct and how much time has NSC wasted of employers money since ????

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I put Worlds biggest Arsehole in google and it took me to one of London Irish's threads when I hit I feel lucky.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I was unemployed and bored of pretending to find work, so i spent an afternoon surfing to see if there was anywhere that would suit my twin passions: BHA and attention-seeking.
Bingo!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here