Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Did You Come Across Nsc

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
If you go to Seagulls Server/NSC Archives you can see some of the old pages.

Click on the April 20 1999 link which takes you to the Seagulls Server, then click on the North Stand Chat link, you can see what the original NSc looked like with messages from July/August 1997. Unfortunately you cannot read the messages.

Wozza has a lot of the Fans United pages archived. Maybe one day he will find time to get them back online.

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Undoubtedly the best.

:clap2: :clap2:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Late 1996, through a search engine. At that time there was a lot going on and we couldn't find out the real story through the normal channels (controlled by Archer, Bellotti, etc). The Argus was quite useless at digging anything up (probably worried about the legal position), and so this became the main site for Albion fans to have their say.

After that it also became a channel for organising all sorts of action against the Board - including the brilliant and simple idea of Fans United. In fact, this only got off the ground because the Internet was available and we were able to notify hundreds of other clubs' fans through this. On the day we had fans from all over Europe - I'll never forget the group from Eintract Frankfurt with their flags and big boots. Incredible scenes. The messages of support were something else too and made it a very emotional day.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Heard about it a couple of years ago from a Chelsea supporting work colleague of mine (the rest of his family are Brighton fans). I originally posted as C Block Stamper, by my account got squished by some NSC downtime, so when I re-registered I decided to get rid of my lame ID....., and swap it for a lamer one!!!

:lolol:

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
I started posting on the offical website in January, then I heard a few weeks later about NSC, I had a look, tryed to register without any luck. It was not until after National Falmer Day that I registered and I have been here since mid-March 2004.

Seagoon

Feb 5, 2004
Provincial City
1997/8 or so - moved to Brighton (from London) and wanted to find out about my new local team (you should always support your local team blah blah). Interesting times!!! Fans United and Dave The Eagle!

I've read NSC regularly since then - posted very occasionally - this is absolutely a unique site within football of which you should all be immensely proud - making things happen whilst supporting the club. Keep up the good work.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
About the same time as several others, in the lead up to Fans United. Only really started reading and posting regularly in late 98 (as Manc Seagull) when I had a job where the internet was freely available. In those days you couldn't move for Man of Harveys, Simster, Barnet and DKM talking about limes and sandwiches :D As for Dave the Eagle - he could really go off on one - you could multiple post with ease on that old board! Is rool still around?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Through Anne on a mouse. Whatever happened to her??? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Kalimantan Gull said:
In those days you couldn't move for Man of Harveys, Simster, Barnet and DKM talking about limes and sandwiches :D

happy days.

I found it (with the mailing list) via a search engine, before I think, Fans United. Then we lost the link at work for a while, then I came back on, as now on an occasional basis (ahem). I think I originally posted using my actual name, then Surrey Seagull (or something like that - although there was another) before I adopted my current name.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Seagoon said:
1997/8 or so - moved to Brighton (from London) and wanted to find out about my new local team (you should always support your local team blah blah). Interesting times!!! Fans United and Dave The Eagle!

I've read NSC regularly since then - posted very occasionally - this is absolutely a unique site within football of which you should all be immensely proud - making things happen whilst supporting the club. Keep up the good work.

What!

That means I've got to support Villa, Blues and the Baggies!

No bloody way.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Search engine to the old enterprise site around 1998-99 season. The days of posting as anybody and coming into work in the morning to find the site had been spammed by Dave the Eagle. Used to post as Mr Ed.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
can't for the life of me remember how or when but been reading and posting since 1999ish maybe 2000. Used to have e-mail newsletter type thing before that, but had too many e-mails so unsubscribed.

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
Heard Hawsey mention it on his SCR Fans phone in.......started checking it out properly last week......quality site.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here