Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Did You Come Across Nsc

Albion Rob

Typed the club name into a search engine and found Seagulls - A View From The Net.

Followed a link to NSC and have spent the last five years wishing I hadn't chosen such a lame username.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
yorkie told me about this site a few years back!and since then i havnt done a days work!

come to think of it didnt do one b4 either

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I don't remember. All this time on the internet has turned my brain to mush :dunce:

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Albion Rob said:
Typed the club name into a search engine and found Seagulls - A View From The Net.

Followed a link to NSC and have spent the last five years wishing I hadn't chosen such a lame username.

Why don't you change it then? Others have done so

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
After hearing NSC mentioned on occasions on the SCR post match phone in's so I decided to have a look and registered early in march. The strange names on the back of fans shirts at matches then came clear.

Albion Rob

chips and gravy said:
Why don't you change it then? Others have done so

Dunno, I like to think I've cultivated an image of cool. Ha, ha, no I just guess it would seem like a bit of a cop out. After all, I'm stuck with the name ROBERT all my life! :ohmy: :D

sbee

Jul 8, 2003
afters,

LOL

The registration wouldn't allow me sb (as I used to bee)

...so sbee it was.

My most scary moment on NSC:

I think at one point an agent provocateur threatened to find
out where a lot of us were posting from and beat the living
daylights out of us!

Nice touch!

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
Chappers said "oi, my emails down, so register on here". So I did. :) :wave:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
my brother told me about it! been reading it for years but only started posting in march

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
I was told about it by another NSC Poster.

Sea

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
been reading it for the last 3 or 4 years, my mum always reads it but never posts and she told me about it, only just recently started posting tho

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
started in 1876 as Pit Bull and went on from there
Liar! You were 'Dave in Mile Oak'. And it was 1890. :lolol:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Albion Rob said:

when i saw title of this thread, i thought to myslef 'you know what, i ahev absolutely no idea how i found this' but then i read the above and thought 'hang on, i think that might have been how i did it', so that was maybe it. I t was about 1999, maybe earlier.

I also seem to remember the name Owen Wilkinson, did he have a site or something years ago, could i have got here through that?

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Barnet Seagull said:
I think I found it by search engine, back in 1997-98 ish. Used to be on the old mailing list back then too (when did that start)

I think that was 1996/7 when Ryan Harding was still at uni.

I have been posting here since I bought a computer (or shortly after) in February 1998. I have had a variety of names over the years as I do now. (I have been Mr X (it was as Mr X I started the story about Sky not being able to broadcast games from Withdean as the lights wern't bright enough. Still quoted a fact even now by some even though it was made up bullshit. Centurian Seagull, Marvin, Mr Cellophane and a host of others. It was easier when all you had to do was make up a name on the spot, none of this registering lark.)

Oh and I found it via a search in Alsta Vista the search engines of search engines before google.

Last edited:

paul_AFC_Wimbledon

May 20, 2004
Finding NSC

Back in 97 in the lead up to fans united and was brilliant for info on the build up etc then not been about for a few years and searched in the run up to the play offs and found you again :D

:falmer:
Paul R
AFC Wimbledon Fans Want Falmer

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I was after a mail order firm for bird food..... did a Google search for 'Birds and Nuts'.................. but actually got back 'Daft Bints and Berkshire Seagull'

:lol:

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
I created NSC ineither late 1996 or January 1997 (not exactly sure when) on my original website "The Seagulls Server" (Seagulls Server started in 1996, two weeks before the famous York City match).
Fans United was spawned from the "Campaign Pages" which ran alongside NSC.

So you can all blame me for the hours, days, months, years of you life you have wasted on here.

Original address was http://homepages.enterprise.net/gjc/nsc.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here