Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How did Hawsey get dragged into Lickergate?

D

Deleted User X18H

Is that like a TRAIN, but for really rich folk?

so its fine for you rip the piss out of my dyslexia but if I mentioned say.........................all your local dentists must have closed down ,you would probably offended would you not............you may have noticed Huffer old boy I am never directly abusive to any individual.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
so its fine for you rip the piss out of my dyslexia but if I mentioned say.........................all your local dentists must have closed down ,you would probably offended would you not............you may have noticed Huffer old boy I am never directly abusive to any individual.

I'd say I'd be more confused, than offended, but you crack on Timmy.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Getting back to the thread, before Lickergate if you called someone on NSC a 'Licker' it meant they were a 'club licker', i.e. someone who believed that everything on planet Albion was tickety-boo, that sacking Wilkins was DEFINITELY the right thing to do, and that Dick Knight and the board were brilliant.

Now we have to differentiate between 'club licker' and 'window licker', and I for one miss the convienent shorthand.

D

Deleted User X18H

I was genuinely having a decent chat with bright1064 my new best friend and its hijacked spoiling may I add this thread me and probably Brighty!!!

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
I was aware of what the term meant, I don't reckon Hawesy was though! Otherwise I don't think he would have repeated it on-air!

Back to the thread (I can't keep up with all the sub-plots).

This explanation makes sense to me. I can't see Hawesy repeating it either if he knew what it meant. On the other hand, if it was just something he thought Harty had made up (i.e. go and do something else just as pointless like licking a window) there would be no harm in repeating it.

I suspect this was an innocent mistake by Hawes, and I guess this may be more serious for him since I assume he's a full-time BBC employee?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
you may have noticed Huffer old boy I am never directly abusive to any individual.

What is the difference between abuse and challenging someone to put up their dukes..............

D

Deleted User X18H

Do you have to bring your Human Resources 'Exit Interview' into EVERYTHING? ???

FYI Ross it went like this.......

MD Tim there is no easy way to put this

ME Yes there is how nuch you gonna give me

HR GUY 20 GRAND

ME YOU CAN POKE IT

HR GUY Erm........

ME OK I'm off

3hrs later phone call at home HR Tim can you come to Holburn by 10pm

ME no i have a solicitors appointment

HR Oh ok er Tim did you by any chance record our meeting

ME Yep

HR thats not legal really

ME sue me

Phone call 9pm HR ok Tim we will offer you one years salary and 3 months pay in lieu if you sign the comproimise agreement we will courier to you by 10.30 am tomoorrow by 5pm Monday

ME I'LL speak with my breif tomorrow goodnight

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
FYI Ross it went like this.......

MD Tim there is no easy way to put this

ME Yes there is how nuch you gonna give me

HR GUY 20 GRAND

ME YOU CAN POKE IT

HR GUY Erm........

ME OK I'm off

3hrs later phone call at home HR Tim can you come to Holburn by 10pm

ME no i have a solicitors appointment

HR Oh ok er Tim did you by any chance record our meeting

ME Yep

HR thats not legal really

ME sue me

Phone call 9pm HR ok Tim we will offer you one years salary and 3 months pay in lieu if you sign the comproimise agreement we will courier to you by 10.30 am tomoorrow by 5pm Monday

ME I'LL speak with my breif tomorrow goodnight

Good EFFORT Tim - if that ever actually happened :clap:

Goodish effort also for the screenplay - tho not QUITE good enough to give up the day job.

Oh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here