Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How did Hawsey get dragged into Lickergate?

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
Sorry if this is raking over old ground but there's one thing that puzzles me.

I didn't hear the broadcast-I've gathered from here that Harty used term "window lickers" to describe some NSC members, and subsequently apologised three times on air.

None of this comes as a complete surprise, but I know that Andrew Hawes has also been suspended and that does surprise me. Hawes has always been much more sensitive to these issues whenever I've heard him, and I can't quite understand how he got involved in this.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Harty told a listener to go and lick windows and then Hawsey asked any window lickers listening to phone in was what I believe happened, in a nutshell

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
He repeated what Harty said.

Harty said that people who want Adams out should go and lick windows (or something along those lines - the memory fades!)

Hawesy responded by urging 'any window lickers out there' to 'call in on the usual number'.

Last edited:

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
He repeated what Harty said.

Harty said that people who want Adams out should go and lick windows (or something along those lines - the memory fades!)

Hawesy responded by urging 'any window lickers out there' to 'call in on the usual number'.

Exactly that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Almost everyone who I've regaled (bored) with this sorry tale did not have the first idea what a windowlicker was.

D

Deleted User X18H

Well it is a term frequently and somwhat unecessarily used term in the City!!

I think its a London thing

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Sorry if this is raking over old ground but there's one thing that puzzles me.

I didn't hear the broadcast-I've gathered from here that Harty used term "window lickers" to describe some NSC members, and subsequently apologised three times on air.

None of this comes as a complete surprise, but I know that Andrew Hawes has also been suspended and that does surprise me. Hawes has always been much more sensitive to these issues whenever I've heard him, and I can't quite understand how he got involved in this.

There have been sooooo many threads about this.... why didn't you just go onto the original thread??? :yawn: :yawn: :censored:

D

Deleted User X18H

I was aware of what the term meant, I don't reckon Hawesy was though! Otherwise I don't think he would have repeated it on-air!

Well if you work Haywards Heath and really do broadcast on Bright then you would undoubtedly know what a 'window licker' is its almost the law to know 95% of your audience .......I know I have been up Perrymount Road.

D

Deleted User X18H

I used to listen on the train between Three Bridges til about Hassocks are you Paul Bunker or is that the other side????

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here