Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How confident are you about next Saturday?

Stumpy Tim

Most people are saying we're playing well & looking a good side. Last year we would have lost 3-2 at Swindon & probably the same to Rochdale!

Throw into the mix the possible arrival of Lua Lua & Camacho... I'm still excited by this season

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It depends on who we get in before next weeks game. Poyet is hoping to get two in by then. I can see us getting a draw.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
it was always going to be tough , i've bet on weds to win the league.......without spaz and greer it just got a bit tougher,as tcb says,away from home anything can happen.....

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Very confident. I think if we play like we did today and cut out the individual errors, we will get a result. I think Wednesday are the most over-rated team in this division.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unless we can bring in 2 or 3 players before next week we will get beat. As I have said before our starting XI are ok but the back up isnt very good. We sadly missed both Sparrow and Navarro yesterday. I think that both Smith and Barnes are good enough to bring on but would not say they are to start the game. I know that Gus has said that he doesnt like short term loans but I am really suprised that after the Northampton game he didnt go and loan a midfielder for 1 month to give himself time to bring in the replacement for Navarro either on a seasons loan or permananent. El Abd will step in for Greer but with Dunk injured what are our defensive options for the bench, please dont say Whing after his performance against Northampton.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
at least a draw please, otherwise the Wednesday fans at work will make life difficult on the Monday

Tricky001

Aug 28, 2009
Think Gus still has a couple of tricks up his sleeve. Hopefully!!! Anyway, would like to think we would at least get a draw at Sheffield.:albion2:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
2-1 either way.
I think we are very much on a par.
What would be mildly amusing would be if we signed a striker and LuaLua and a defender and then lost. The numpties on here would go into a meltdown of doom and gloom.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
4-0 to Sheff W
Reality check folks

Worst reality check ever. 4-0 is such an odd prediction. We haven't lost in the league and are 6th so quite where you see the gulf in class of 4 goals I do not know!

If we lose, it will be by one or two. Personally, I am confident of a win, at very least a draw.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Wednesday are no great shakes, we will no doubt be strengthened next weekend ... Camacho,Lua Lua, Counago, Pintado, take your pick !!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The team will be playing in front of a 24k+ crowd with an away support of over 1200 so they will crank it up a notch.

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
The team will be playing in front of a 24k+ crowd with an away support of over 1200 so they will crank it up a notch.

No way will we have 24k in there, it should be an interesting game, we'll looked poor in the first three games but have tried to bed in 9 new players so if we start to click we should do well

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
4-0 to Sheff W
Reality check folks

Does that mean if we win you will actually try to be positive or will you claim that we were lucky?

Despite having no Brezovan, Greer, Sparrow and Navarro, I am confident we can get at least a point. Wednesday are a good team but they are far from unbeatable. The midfield linked up really well on Saturday and with Murray starting the season well, we have a real threat up front. Even without Greer at the back, we have a solid back four too. I don't understand why people (especially you) feel the need to be so negative. I can see us losing but I really can't see us getting beaten 4-0.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think we can win any game away so would not be surprised to see us win on sat but,as someone else says,at home we just cant do it again from sats experience!!!!

I agree in a way but do think that Saturday was very different from the start of last season. In the Walsall, Stockport, Oldham etc home games in Slade's spell we played poorly as a team whereas on Saturday the football we played was incredible at times. We conceded two goals to an incorrect refereeing decision (and also a piece of indiscipline from Greer) and a goalkeeping blunder. I really think the home form will sort itself out if we carry on playing like that, especially if we do get a new striker in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here