Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How close is this squad to being top 4?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Man City, Arsenal & Liverpool will be top 3.

Spurs, Man Utd & Chelsea are all likely to be close to top 4 but all have gaps in their squads/areas of weakness.

Villa, Newcastle & West Ham alongside us are all likely to be strong candidates for breaking into the top 6 if those 3 others don't grab their opportunity. However any of us are only a few bad results from finishing outside the top 10.

We have several players who would improve the top 6 squads and subsequently we are very much in the mix. Grabbing a European spot would be a great season.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Hard to tell, we probably need the players and FH to all bed in and get used to the PL and then we’ll know better.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Man City, Arsenal & Liverpool will be top 3.

Spurs, Man Utd & Chelsea are all likely to be close to top 4 but all have gaps in their squads/areas of weakness.

Villa, Newcastle & West Ham alongside us are all likely to be strong candidates for breaking into the top 6 if those 3 others don't grab their opportunity. However any of us are only a few bad results from finishing outside the top 10.

We have several players who would improve the top 6 squads and subsequently we are very much in the mix. Grabbing a European spot would be a great season.
Yep. People need to be careful not to get carried away.

There’s a lot of teams with great players and clever managers in contention this year.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yep. People need to be careful not to get carried away.

There’s a lot of teams with great players and clever managers in contention this year.
What is the point of being a football fan if, at the start of the season, you cannot get carried away?

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
I don’t think we will be top 4 btw but equally, if the potential we think we have bought starts to show itself, then I don’t see why we can’t have a real go at securing a European spot again.

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
I listen to quite a few football podcasts (for my sins), and pretty much every fan base at the moment is ‘incredibly excited' about their new acquisitions.

Of course, our optimism is more justified than those others….

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No idea! Never previously heard of any of our new platers (as usual). Just relying on (and hoping) the recruitment team have brought us better players than we had before.
We'll find out soon!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Top 4 market

IMG_7057.png

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What is the point of being a football fan if, at the start of the season, you cannot get carried away?

Because if it doesn’t pan out, by March/April those same people are taking it out on the manager or PB with a sea of spiteful posts in a blame culture :lolol: :mad: .

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Because if it doesn’t pan out, by March/April those same people are taking it out on the manager or PB with a sea of spiteful posts in a blame culture :lolol: :mad: .
Absolutely. All forums are like this, and we are no exception. The bedwettery is forum-defining.

We have a relegation tracker for a reason.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Because I believe in our owner, managerial team, coaches and not least the players anything below 8th I would be a little bit underwhelmed. It’s about how quick we get it going. Smash Utd and we’ll see

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dm and cm looks a concern and if any injuries to cb then we are literally screwed .

Other than that then potentially top half

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
No idea - but I think we're going to surprise a few people.
It may go pear shaped at times, but it's going to be one heck of a ride :banana::ascarf::rock::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here