Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How can I make a 1983 FA Cup Final shirt?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I really want a 1983 Brighton FA Cup Final shirt! I know this is a bit obsessed but it's got to be perfect - no Phoenix Brewery logo and with Adidas logo and trim. Which do you think is the best way forward?
1) Get a smallscale football kit manufacturer to put a custom one-off kit together from scratch for me?
2) Buy the France 1982 World Cup replica kit from ebay and get someone good at sewing to sew the old style Brighton badge over the French one and take out the winged collar?
3) Buy the 1983 shirt from Seagulls shop and find a way of removing Phoenix Brewery logo and adding adidas logo and white stripes (from a different adidas top) via printing company and sewing.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i'd say option three , because I can

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We were sponsored by British Caledonian in 1980-81 up to 1982-83, in that gorgeous blue adidas shirt with winged collars.

The sponsorless Cup Final shirt, featuring V-neck and red and white pin stripes, would have had British Caledonian as sponsors, but shirt sponsors weren't allowed on televised games at the time. Weird, considering advertising boards at grounds were very prominent to TV viewers. The deal with Phoenix Brewery started in October 1983, I think, but I might be wrong.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I really want a 1983 Brighton FA Cup Final shirt! I know this is a bit obsessed but it's got to be perfect - no Phoenix Brewery logo and with Adidas logo and trim. Which do you think is the best way forward?
1) Get a smallscale football kit manufacturer to put a custom one-off kit together from scratch for me?
2) Buy the France 1982 World Cup replica kit from ebay and get someone good at sewing to sew the old style Brighton badge over the French one and take out the winged collar?
3) Buy the 1983 shirt from Seagulls shop and find a way of removing Phoenix Brewery logo and adding adidas logo and white stripes (from a different adidas top) via printing company and sewing.

goldstone rapper.

If you're interested I can sell you some turf from the '79 promotion game at Newcastle.

Bit pricey, but this comes with the "terrority" of being a once in a lifetime souvenier for the more discerning Albion supporter.

But if you or a fellow poster might be interested in buying a sod feel free to PM me!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
In which season were we sponsored by British Caledonian?

Through 1983 I know. However, the irony there is that when they chartered a plane it was from rivals Dan Air. Please note that unlike the Albion those two no longer exist.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

If you speak to the guy in the club shop he will give you the details of the company that makes the replica retro shirts for the club, perhaps they will lmake you a one off, will cost a bit though I imagine.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The thing that will cost the most is getting the screen set up. So you're best best is to ask how cheap you can get it down to if you order more shirts. Then sell them to us mugs on here and make a profit :thumbsup:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
In my old job I used to work with the print shop in a University on occasion. They used to chanrge us £15 to set up a screen, which was very cheap, but I guess that they did not need to make a profit. I imagine it would be a lot more if you went to a commercial printer, who will need to make a profit.

Good luck - I would very much like to see a picture of the end product if you are successful. Are you intending on getting the 'F.A. Cup final' blarb under the club crest too? That would be mint.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
brighton___hove_albion_1983-fa-cup-final.gif

Click here is picture doesn't work

That would look amazing :love:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Go to the Hollingbury in Roedale Road, the lads who do the council printing go in there, they'll do anything for a pint.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here