Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How can FOOTBALL generally, get any better for you?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It has been put to me that things are pretty amazing right now:

Albion top
Best manager around
Great stadium on the horizon
Great chairman.
PLUS:
Palace, Pompey and Liverpool struggling, and the United empire creaking...

How can things get EVEN better?

Suggestions so far include:

Roman Abramovich arrested and all his assets frozen.
Redknapp jailed.
£20k/wk Pompey mercenaries Kitson and Lawrence injured.
Scott McGleish and Alan Pardew implicated in the lower league match fixing rumours.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Premiersh*te, finally gets what it wants, and is towed away to set up it own country somewhere in South East Asia.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Scottish football just f***ing off (or at least only mentioned in Scotland)

Abolish the ridiculous yellow card for "over celebrating" rule

Permits required for anyone wearing a Man Utd shirt to prove they have some connection to the club/area.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion top YES
Best manager around YES
Great stadium on the horizon YES
Great chairman. YES
PLUS:
Palace, Pompey and Liverpool struggling, and the United empire creaking... YES

Roman Abramovich arrested and all his assets frozen. Not that bothered either way but OK
Redknapp jailed. Yes, yes, a thousand times yes :lolol:
£20k/wk Pompey mercenaries Kitson and Lawrence injured. YES
Scott McGleish and Alan Pardew implicated in the lower league match fixing rumours. :lolol:

You have almost created my perfect footballing universe...the only other things I can think of are:

-to have the footballing creditors rule removed from the whole administration thing with football teams, so the likes of Pompey can't carry on paying their shitty players at the expense of local charities, milkmen and schools.
-for Pompey to be wound up full stop in fact
-for the south coast club to remain mired in Third Division mediocrity and for Hammond and Harding to both be red carded and score own goals when we next play them
-for my season ticket at Falmer to cost <£250

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Adams comes back for a third spell and dispenses with all this flick flicky stuff.

I want centre backs on the left wing and aimless hoofing up to a centre forward please.

Its no fun anymore.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
The club announce plans for gully's girls to offer executive stress relief to 1901 club members

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Abolish the ridiculous yellow card for "over celebrating" rule

This rule really IS required though - just needs some common sense on the ref's part. Running over to your own fans when you've scored an important goal = quiet "Get on with it"
The entire team leaving the field of play, and running over to the fans, like they've won the game, and f***ing about for AGES, when there are a few minutes left and the other team [us] are desperate to restart = pisstake = card.

I think the ref should just start a stopwatch when the goal goes in, and let the other team restart after 60 seconds, regardless of where the other team are!

Bring back terracing at every level of the game

This.

But with far better controls than in the past, things like computer controlled turnstiles or season ticket holders only terraced ends.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For Rangers and Celtic to be told once and for all that they, their moronic fans and their sub standard players will never, ever be welcome in the English leagues.

The fact that the SPL has become an annual charade won on rotation by the Old Firm, leaving the rest of the teams way, way behind and Scottish football generally a complete joke is nearly 100% DOWN to Rangers and Celtic. They are in a mess of their own making, and they can lump it as far as I'm concerned. Says a lot that the cream of Scottish players have so far been complete TURD at Middlesbrough, and are languishing on the verge of the 3rd Division.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For players to be booked every time they do that annoying "running over the ball" thing when their side concedes a free kick, just to prevent it being taken quickly.

And for the ten yard rule to be reintroduced (the one where the free kick would be moved forwards if players did the above and blocked a quick kick).

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Albion top
Best manager around
Great stadium on the horizon
Great chairman.
PLUS:
Palace, Pompey and Liverpool struggling, and the United empire creaking...

Roman Abramovich arrested and all his assets frozen.
Redknapp jailed.
£20k/wk Pompey mercenaries Kitson and Lawrence injured.
Scott McGleish and Alan Pardew implicated in the lower league match fixing rumours.

That looks good to me. I'll add...

I'd add six-match bans for divers (video evidence allowed)
As Edna says, Portsmouth going bust
John Terry to get a good kicking after chatting up the girlfriend of a cage fighter
Karl Henry to get arrested on field for assault

This rule really IS required though - just needs some common sense on the ref's part. Running over to your own fans when you've scored an important goal = quiet "Get on with it"
The entire team leaving the field of play, and running over to the fans, like they've won the game, and f***ing about for AGES, when there are a few minutes left and the other team [us] are desperate to restart = pisstake = card.

I think the ref should just start a stopwatch when the goal goes in, and let the other team restart after 60 seconds, ragardless of where the other team are!

I don't think there is a law for over celebrating a goal, most players get booked for leaving the field of play without permission, the other one being booked for taking your shirt off.
I think taking your shirt off should be allowed but I would amend the leaving the field of play to something like:
'A player will get a yellow card for leaving the field of play without the referees permission if they seek to gain an advantage and/or incite/provoke opposing supporters'

JGaleBHA

On the Gus bus
Apr 24, 2010
Horsham
Rooney dropped from England and fucks off to a different country.
Lampard too retire from International Football.
Decent linesmen,

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The following individuals to be prevented from ever having anything to do with football television coverage, ever again:

-Clive Tyldesley
-Jamie Redknapp
-Tim Lovejoy
-Andy Townsend
-Kevin Keegan
-Alan Shearer

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Goal music to be banned across the Football and Premier Leagues :clap2:

I noticed Blackpool playing <spit> Glad All Over when their goals went in last Saturday. I don't suppose they were very Glad when Tevez hit the winner, were they? Almost serves them right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here