Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Are We Financing New Signings????

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Apparently we've got someone lined up willing to pay £4m for stadium naming rights... don't know who it is yet, but sounds promising...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The logical answer is that the existing board members are sticking money in. It makes financial sense to loan the club sums of money that will be repaid with interest over a period of time once we get to Falmer. If I was a lottery winner it would be a no brainer to lend the club a couple of mill which would be a nice investment earner.:D

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Having let so many go at the end of the season, surely it was inevitable that we would be signing replacements. No disrespect to those we have signed but they will not exactly be on massive wages - am I allowed to say that without offending them? - it's not like we've just picked up some players from the fringe of Premiership sides.

Last edited:

Fair enough, but it's football, it happens. Pick up a copy of The Sun and there will be at least three stories in there every day telling you how much some overpaid premiership prima donna is paid. I don't think Hart, or any other player, has a right to demand the fans don't speculate over where the wage budget goes. The only possible problem is if we're all sitting here saying the wages of those four was x thousands of pounds a week when, in fact, they were on a pittance, but I'm sure that's not the case.

I know about tabloid news creation but what somebody earns is between him/her and their employer. I wouldn't like a load of media/public speculation about what I earn and I doubt that anyone else would if they're being honest so why raise it?
The "It's football, it happens" rationale just doesn't wash with me on any level. Professional football clubs are businesses just like any other and should be run as such. The shareholders own BHA, not the fans; just as the shoppers don't own Tesco and do not need to know how much the fresh produce manager at the Holmbush store earns.

Last edited:

The logical answer is that the existing board members are sticking money in. It makes financial sense to loan the club sums of money that will be repaid with interest over a period of time once we get to Falmer. If I was a lottery winner it would be a no brainer to lend the club a couple of mill which would be a nice investment earner.:D
It might just be possible that some of the money that is being put into the club is an interest free gift aimed at achieving promotion.

Promotion, of course, kick starts new income streams that improve the longer term financial position. And that would be good news for anyone wanting to turn their spending into something that looks a bit more like an investment. But this is a long-term thing, not a route towards a quick return on cash that is stumped up now.

... the shoppers don't own Tesco and do not need to know how much the fresh produce manager at the Holmbush store earns.
I don't know about Holmbush, but Tesco's bakery manager in Reading will be earning £21,000 - £25,000 a year, once the currently advertised vacancy is filled.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I was thinking along the lines that the loan repayment interest would be better for me than getting the same amount if it was stuck in a building society account.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It would be interesting if clubs advertised like that!

Wanted, players for up and coming League One side Brighton & Hove Albion

Must have previous experience at a higher level and must be a TEAM player!

Current vacancies left back, central midfielder, striker.

Previous applicants need not apply.
References will be taken up

£negotiable

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I don't know about Holmbush, but Tesco's bakery manager in Reading will be earning £21,000 - £25,000 a year, once the currently advertised vacancy is filled.

Thats quite a lot of dough for a bakery manager.:laugh:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ah right ok, so the fans of the club can't speculate over where the albion are using up their resources because some know-it-all says so. Unless people are stating, for example, "Gary Hart earnt £2000 a week whilst at the albion," when he was actually earning £500, there's no problem, and I certainly haven't seen any actual FIGURES so what's the issue? Or was it just a chance for you to drop in the fact you've spoken to a player?

:thud:

Because... GARY HART'S SALARY IS NONE OF YOUR f***ing BUSINESS.

So there's every problem about speculating, unless you don't care that he's pissed off with you.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just a slight correction if I may. It wasn't actually me who made the original post regarding the supposed "speculation." Secondly, I agree it's not appropriate for anyone to say "Hart's on x amount," or, "Butters was getting x a week," but if I remember rightly the post was along the lines of "the four we released will have been on decent money." Hardly a CRIME, is it?

I stand corrected on the first point. I get confused between you kids. :p

Secondly, you then say it's not right to speculate who's on what, then say it is alright to say it's decent money? One, what defines decent money? And two, while not naming figures, you are speculating a level of salary.

No, not a crime, but one which would very possibly get you a mild rebuke should they wish to comment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here