How Are We Financing New Signings????

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
what 4 signings?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
erm who is Hawkins? is he the irish bloke?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
so who is mcleod then?

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
because we released 10 players, sold Hammond for £250k, Revell for £150k, Elder for £25k, People on the board alledgedly given us money to sign Murray as a "gift"

Plus all the other people we sold without ever spending any money on replacements ie. Currie £250k, Cullip £250k, Virgo £1.5million, Zamora £1.5million, Knight £125k, Henderson £150k, Kazim-Richards £150k,Harding £400k money from Spurs and West Ham away in the FA Cup, £150k from Alive & Kicking appeal, £200k for Kazim-Richards sell on clause

a good dose of that money was used to keep the club going - remember the fact that we lose 2.5 million a year??

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the bloke we signed from Colchester :cool:

ah....missed that one.

so is that the four DK mentioned last season then? I thought he said 5!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
ah....missed that one.

so is that the four DK mentioned last season then? I thought he said 5!

Saw you the other day in Three Bridges Tescos going upstairs

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Saw you the other day in Three Bridges Tescos going upstairs

yes...work in crawley one day a week and normally head for the starbucks for a skinny latte:thumbsup:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
because we released 10 players, sold Hammond for £250k, Revell for £150k, Elder for £25k, People on the board alledgedly given us money to sign Murray as a "gift"

Plus all the other people we sold without ever spending any money on replacements ie. Currie £250k, Cullip £250k, Virgo £1.5million, Zamora £1.5million, Knight £125k, Henderson £150k, Kazim-Richards £150k,Harding £400k money from Spurs and West Ham away in the FA Cup, £150k from Alive & Kicking appeal, £200k for Kazim-Richards sell on clause

word

What a ridiculous thing to say, unless you know WHY it fucks Hart off. Is it because he's been paid less than other players? Is it because he thinks he was worth more? Is he on less than the minimum wage? Does he earn less than the national average? Or does he simply think he deserved parity with certain others?

Surely the fact that he was here for ten years means Hart must have been on something fairly decent. I haven't a clue what it is, and I know albion wages don't set players up for life, but to object to the idea that the money saved on Hart, Mayo, Reid, and Butters would be anything but substantial by our standards is wrong. That money alone has probably paid for at least two or three of the four new signings.

Post 21.
Some people don't like others publicly speculating about how much they earn; understandable surely?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What a ridiculous thing to say, unless you know WHY it fucks Hart off. Is it because he's been paid less than other players? Is it because he thinks he was worth more? Is he on less than the minimum wage? Does he earn less than the national average? Or does he simply think he deserved parity with certain others?

Surely the fact that he was here for ten years means Hart must have been on something fairly decent. I haven't a clue what it is, and I know albion wages don't set players up for life, but to object to the idea that the money saved on Hart, Mayo, Reid, and Butters would be anything but substantial by our standards is wrong. That money alone has probably paid for at least two or three of the four new signings.

You do come out with them sometimes. It's not a ridiculous thing to say, although it is ridiculous that you think it's ridiculous.

Why it fucks Harty off is not anyone's business. I'm just telling you it does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here