Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How anti Adams is NSC?

How anti Adams is NSC

• Total voters

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
The facts are that Adams has an awful lot to do, to prove to me and many others that he is capable of building a succesful, entertaining football team, without the happy bonus of stumbling across a world class centre forward.

sorry i really can't let that go. Zamora was fantastic for us, but a "world class centre forward" - are you sure!!!???

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I voted other as the question was 'are you anti Adams', but the poll choices are all about whether you want him sacked.

I'm clearly not his greatest fan, but its pretty obvious that another change of manager would be counter-productive.

Couldn't agree more. Sacking him wouldn't achieve anything, but that doesn't mean I think he's the right man for the job or that he should have been appointed in the first place.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
It's thanks to Adams that we are attracting players of tremendous quality to our club. Virgo, Savage, Thornton - three players which are well beyond our level have all stated their desire to play under Adams - why do you think this is? Because he's a top manager.

Or because they are sure to play everyweek no matter how good or bad they perform? I agree they are class players who we are lucky to have but i doubt they all signed because of Adams abilty as a manager

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Or because they are sure to play everyweek no matter how good or bad they perform? I agree they are class players who we are lucky to have but i doubt they all signed because of Adams abilty as a manager

Come off it! They have all spoken out on why they have come here.

All the previous managers struggled to sign any big names, with the exception of Coppell.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Come off it! They have all spoken out on why they have come here.

All the previous managers struggled to sign any big names, with the exception of Coppell.

Yeah nobody had ever heard of that Nicky Forster had they? Or Paul Kitson...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You see, that was a perfectly reasoned argument until your sarcastic little ending. Which is it, do you really want him to turn things round as you protest, or do you want him to fail to be proved right? Right now, you are not convincing of either.

I don't have blind faith in Adams, I don't think anybody else does either, but to criticise the guy and question his ability 9 games into a season is just barmy, it really is.

Of course I want success for the Albion, which means I want success for Mickey Adams. I want us to win every game, in every competition.

But I'm realistic about it all. I don't expect us to sweep all aside in league 1. I don't even expect us to consistently beat the likes of Cheltenham, Yeovil, Walsall and Bristol Rovers. What I do expect is that the team are well organised, hard to break down and that we don't consistently resort to hoofing the ball back to the other team, then sitting back and letting them attack us.

I don't actually ask for much in return for the time, money and devotion I put into following the Albion, in my opinion.

I'm fully entitled to the opinions I hold, though, and don't take kindly to being called an idiot, a window-licker or a 'non supporter', because of them.

I think you're wrong on your last points too. I think there is plenty of evidence on here of people showing blind faith, despite the shortcomings in the five home games, and that the decisions taken in those 5 games have been poor enough and numerous enough for me to justifiably question Adams' JUDGEMENT.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That’s good, because you are by far in the way of the minority. So your views are rather irrelevant.:D

I wouldn't dismiss the views of anyone who has seen all 5 home league games as 'irrelevent' to be honest. Whether I agree with their opinions or not.

And as I a) do not want Adams OUT, and b) I think the home performances have been rubbish, I'd say that puts me far from in a minority.

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
Alot of people see that Adams got lucky with finding Zamora and yes he was probaly the best player i have ever seen play for brighton in my time granted. However during that time we also had very good players at the club who went on to represent the club for many years after adams left e.g : Danny cullip, carpenter and also Kuipers now. Also diring that time we scored alot of set plays from pual watson who at that time was really good on a dead ball.

Micky is a good manager who i feel can attract players to the club who would not of come otherwise as they have commented on.

We were 17th half way during the season last season .. it really annoys me that people saying that we played really good football last season when was it ????

In my opinion i feel Brighton at the moment do look very suspect at the back and it not hawkins fault i think its the whing and richards and kuipers inability to come for crosses.

vitusvivi

May 30, 2008
The only problem i have is that people are gonig on that he needs a couple of years to get us in the champ. WHY??? What was last year all about? I thought we came 7th so we could come in the playoffs this year! It's rediculous, it's not even funny anymore. Another thing which isn't even funny is the fact that he HAS to play virgo... what is the need? He's not even very good (well in the possitions adams deploys him in). WHY WHY WHY!!!??

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I hope that's not aimed at me, because I haven't called you that.

I don't even know what a window licker is.

Not you specifically, no. Sorry if you took it as such. Although you did suggest that I might actually wish for Adams to fail, which pretty much covers the 'non supporter' bit.

Others have suggested that anyone who questions Adams' judgement after 'only' 9 games is an 'idiot'.

A 'window-licker' is a derogatory slang term for the mentally handicapped, a term used by Harty on the radio last night to describe NSC users who voted for other than Adams in a 'who would you prefer as manager' poll.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The only problem i have is that people are gonig on that he needs a couple of years to get us in the champ. WHY??? What was last year all about? I thought we came 7th so we could come in the playoffs this year! It's rediculous, it's not even funny anymore. Another thing which isn't even funny is the fact that he HAS to play virgo... what is the need? He's not even very good (well in the possitions adams deploys him in). WHY WHY WHY!!!??

How dare you question the messiah's judgement, you idiot. Why should we be higher than 14th in the table? Go back to licking windows.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think this poll proves that Harty was going off on one with very little cause

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
As i have mentioned in a past thread, strongly thought that Adams should have been bought back to the club, not as manager but as director of football with the sole aim of locating and getting players to sign on the dotted line which the manager, whether that was Wilkins or someone else wanted. Whether he would have taken that though is another point, but he certainly has the club at heart and the player contacts that McGhee never had and Wilkins was limited on due to lack of time in a 1st team managers position.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Ok, I might have dramatised a few things in the heat of the moment after matches (e.g "Adams should resign - knob"!!)

I like Adams, I LOVE the look of the squad at the moment...i'm just worried by increasingly baffling tactics and substitutions.

However, if he soon can start turning these points into 3's (which I can very much see him DOING), then i'm definitely an Adams IN man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here