Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How anti Adams is NSC?

How anti Adams is NSC

• Total voters

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Sorry about that. Didn't realise I was supposed to keep my OPINIONS about it all, to just the one thread.

Afraid so. I have just been on about my problems with Virgin email on another thread. If someone starts another about email problems in the future I will sadly be exempt as I have already said it.

The only way to bang on about something is if you are 100% behind the club on everything.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I really hope you lot don't force yet another quality manager out because of your idiocy.

If he really wants to leave because of what he reads on here then really he's better off gone. That would suggest he's got all the backbone of Kevin Keegan.

Anyway, many people on here seem to have disappeared up their own arse's again just because they got a mention on the radio last night. Nobodys getting sacked because a few people on here say so.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
SUPPORTING requires patience and faith, and not the constant moaning, criticism and outright pessimism that frankly doesn't help anything. I'm not saying you lack passion mate, but yes I do question your support, faith and common sense.

There are many bigger, richer and better teams than us in this division. We only finished 7th last season because we won a few games near the end that really didn't count for anything, and because of that people EXPECT us to match it as soon as October. It's a joke really.

It's thanks to Adams that we are attracting players of tremendous quality to our club. Virgo, Savage, Thornton - three players which are well beyond our level have all stated their desire to play under Adams - why do you think this is? Because he's a top manager.

Granted we have had some disappointing results, but we have only lost 2 games this season so far. TWO games. Clearly the incredible result against City wasn't enough to prove to you what an Adams side is capable of.

I really hope you lot don't force yet another quality manager out because of your idiocy.

Well sunshine, I've supported the club loyally since I was 9 years old in 1980, showing plenty of patience and faith along the way through some very lean times, thanks very much.

I'm not moaning, nor am I particularly pessimistic - in fact I always think we're going to do well, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary sometimes.

I don't EXPECT us to be 7th, or in any other particular position in October. I DO expect us to play, as though the manager has instailled some kind of tactical awareness into the team. then during a game, I expect the TOP manager to show an ounce or two of common sense and tactical nous, with regard to substitutions, etc.

I hope Adams comes good. I really, really do, and maybe he will. I'll be the first to shake him by the hand if he does, but right now we are throwing away leads, and throwing away points because of his decisions.

The quality of the football is poor, and the results are poor. Apart from that everything is perfect.

And don't worry about me or anyone else 'forcing him out'. I'm sure he's man enough to take a little bit of justified criticism.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I support Adams but I don’t think he quite has the coaching skills of Wilkins. However I do think he is a far better ambassador for the club and will definitely raise our profile in the years running up to Falmer.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Oh get over yourself, that's horseshit and you know it.

How come you are allowed to bang one out about Adams on every thread going but when HK says something a bit negative that he may have said before you dismiss it with a 'yeah, we all know what you think' comment.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Well sunshine, I've supported the club loyally since I was 9 years old in 1980, showing plenty of patience and faith along the way through some very lean times, thanks very much.

I'm not moaning, nor am I particularly pessimistic - in fact I always think we're going to do well, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary sometimes.

I don't EXPECT us to be 7th, or in any other particular position in October. I DO expect us to play, as though the manager has instailled some kind of tactical awareness into the team. then during a game, I expect the TOP manager to show an ounce or two of common sense and tactical nous, with regard to substitutions, etc.

I hope Adams comes good. I really, really do, and maybe he will. I'll be the first to shake him by the hand if he does, but right now we are throwing away leads, and throwing away points because of his decisions.

The quality of the football is poor, and the results are poor. Apart from that everything is perfect.

And don't worry about me or anyone else 'forcing him out'. I'm sure he's man enough to take a little bit of justified criticism.

And yet you continue to speak as if your words or wisdom are going to either be news to him, or lost on him.

He has made a career for himself as a decent football manager. You haven't. He knows what needs to happen, hence the reason why we continue to sign new players, but this is where your naievty comes into it.

New players don't always gel overnight. That doesn't make them wrong signings, or indeed mean that he has got his tactics completely wrong. Yes results are not great, but that isn't always completely down to Adams, yet according to you, our entire situation is his fault.

You really do need some sense of perspective, because I think his rather glib comments yesterday have blinded that for you.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
How come you are allowed to bang one out about Adams on every thread going but when HK says something a bit negative that he may have said before you dismiss it with a 'yeah, we all know what you think' comment.

My previous comments to you weren't about that, you were saying that you weren't allowed to talk about anything unless it was 100% backing the club, that was what I was referring to as horseshit.

You don't need to get involved in what I'm saying to HK, that's not any of your business, just as it's not HK's business what I'm saying to you.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
My previous comments to you weren't about that, you were saying that you weren't allowed to talk about anything unless it was 100% backing the club, that was what I was referring to as horseshit.

You don't need to get involved in what I'm saying to HK, that's not any of your business, just as it's not HK's business what I'm saying to you.

:lolol::lolol:Christ, are you sure it's me who needs to get over myself.

If you want to have a private conversation with HK perhaps a public message board isn't the best place. If I post anything from now on do I need to include a list of people who are allowed to comment on it?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
:lolol::lolol:Christ, are you sure it's me who needs to get over myself.

If you want to have a private conversation with HK perhaps a public message board isn't the best place. If I post anything from now on do I need to include a list of people who are allowed to comment on it?

:lolol:I don't want a private conversation with anybody quite honestly. You just wanted to get involved in something that didn't concern you.

And for record, no it's fine, you don't need to post a list of names. :)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I don't get the purpose of this really.

I think the idea of the poll is to try to get a real feel for the feelings of NSC towards MA in response to the suggestion by Harty that NSC appears to be anti-Adams (or at least as he puts it, there is an anti-Adams camp).

It seems clear from the results so far that the vast majority either support him or have yet to decide. There are very very few people who are agin him. And that has a value. Hopefully Harty will conclude that the majority of users of NSC - and therefore a reasonable proportion of the fan base - support MA.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
To those who have voted "other", what is it that is not already in the poll that you would have chosen?
Hard to say, none of those boxes really reflect my view. I suppose if you'd put up an option saying "Whether I agree with the reasons behind his appointment or not he IS the manager and questioning whether he's the right man for the job at the beginning of October is f***ing stupid and demonstrates all the patience of a four year old on Christmas Eve" - I MAY have ticked that

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And yet you continue to speak as if your words or wisdom are going to either be news to him, or lost on him.

He has made a career for himself as a decent football manager. You haven't. He knows what needs to happen, hence the reason why we continue to sign new players, but this is where your naievty comes into it.

New players don't always gel overnight. That doesn't make them wrong signings, or indeed mean that he has got his tactics completely wrong. Yes results are not great, but that isn't always completely down to Adams, yet according to you, our entire situation is his fault.

You really do need some sense of perspective, because I think his rather glib comments yesterday have blinded that for you.

Not 'words of wisdom' just opinion.

I challenge you to find ONE single post where I've criticised any of the signings (apart from the re-signing of Mayo and Hart). In fact I wrote on the thread yesterday that I was impressed by the calibre of players he could attract. Do you just read the bits that suit you?

The only naivity I see on here is from those who automatically think he'll suceed PURELY because he did once before.

And what is our 'situation'. I was led to believe everything was perfect.

Keep the blind faith.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Not 'words of wisdom' just opinion.

I challenge you to find ONE single post where I've criticised any of the signings (apart from the re-signing of Mayo and Hart). In fact I wrote on the thread yesterday that I was impressed by the calibre of players he could attract. Do you just read the bits that suit you?

The only naivity I see on here is from those who automatically think he'll suceed PURELY because he did once before.

And what is our 'situation'. I was led to believe everything was perfect.

Keep the blind faith.

You see, that was a perfectly reasoned argument until your sarcastic little ending. Which is it, do you really want him to turn things round as you protest, or do you want him to fail to be proved right? Right now, you are not convincing of either.

I don't have blind faith in Adams, I don't think anybody else does either, but to criticise the guy and question his ability 9 games into a season is just barmy, it really is.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
You see, that was a perfectly reasoned argument until your sarcastic little ending. Which is it, do you really want him to turn things round as you protest, or do you want him to fail to be proved right? Right now, you are not convincing of either.

I don't have blind faith in Adams, I don't think anybody else does either, but to criticise the guy and question his ability 9 games into a season is just barmy, it really is.

But Adams was always going to be under more scrutiny and much earlier than previous managers, due to the Knight of the Long Knives in May.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here