Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How anti Adams is NSC?

How anti Adams is NSC

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Given all the threads on here recently and Ian Harts comments last night, where do you stand re Adams?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Never met him. Think he is a very limited football manager, with very little imagination. Of course, I'd dearly love him to do well, though and am in no way advocating another change of management.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I think it all depends on how the team have done in their last match

If we beats Leeds on Saturday and play them off the park then Adams will be one of the greatest managers off all time, but if we loose and the team play badly then Adams wont be fit for a Sunday League team.

All in all, NSC is VERY fickle

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I think he will do a good job for us. He just needs to build a team that will suit the way he wants us to play. (does that make sence?) So i expect a few transfer going in and out in January.

Keep the faith.:ascarf:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
A poor couple of months, dont want him out, but there is only so much of being rubbish I can take.

The results arent the problem so much, its the utter dross that is being served up on the pitch, and the persistence with having to pick Hawkins and Virgo, when it means better players are dropped.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think if people are willing to be patient it will work out.

Again I would bet money that we will come BELOW 6th this year, but definitely ABOVE 6th next year. And that's not something I'm convinced Wilkins could've provided us with. Just my opinion though.

I can't agree with you saying it's "utter dross" though. I saw a few games under Wilkins at the end of last year and have been to a few at the start of this year under Adams. The standard & style of football in my eyes has definitely been better under Adams.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
If it were up to me, I'd keep him for 5 years minimum. He is a quality Manager who needs to be backed up by the board

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
All in all, NSC is VERY fickle
Does that include, say, you? After all, you post on NSC.

My point with this is that "NSC" as such doesn't have an opinion.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I didn't think brining him back was a good move, I think he is a fairly limited manager and am far, far from convinced he is the man to take us forward. So far things haven't gone too differently to how I thought they would. Performances have generally been poor, with a very basic style of football and some odd tactics and selections. However the recent three loan signings look excellent so hopefully things will improve. There's certainly no point talking about sackings at this stage anyway.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
To those who have voted "other", what is it that is not already in the poll that you would have chosen?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This website is an embarrassment at the moment. I pray to God that Micky, who we are so very lucky to have, doesn't read the drivel posted about him on here; or if he does, he at least appreciates that it's a website full of idiots and it in no way represents most of us Albion fans that do have passion, support and faith.

Are you suggesting that anyone who doesn't rate Adams' is an idiot?

Or that such people don't SUPPORT the club, or feel passionately about it all?

Because if you are, you're the narrow-minded idiot.

The facts are that Adams has an awful lot to do, to prove to me and many others that he is capable of building a succesful, entertaining football team, without the happy bonus of stumbling across a world class centre forward.

Since Zamora-era Albion he's achieved NOTHING. Dress that up how you like.

Now before you get all excited, I don't boo or moan at games. I get behind the team, as its success on the pitch that matters. I don't slate players on here or elsewhere. I spend hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of pounds a year giving the club that support, and drag my two young kids along to grow up to do the same.

But, PERSONALLY, I don't think Mickey Adams is the messiah. If that's alright with you.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think he's ok.

The football could be more attractive at times.

We still have only lost twice.

I believe Dean Wilkins was dealt a rough hand, but we are not privy to the reasons for his departure.

For me personally, it's beginning to sink in, that we have a pretty ordinary team with occasional flashes of good play.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This website is an embarrassment at the moment. I pray to God that Micky, who we are so very lucky to have, doesn't read the drivel posted about him on here; or if he does, he at least appreciates that it's a website full of idiots and it in no way represents most of us Albion fans that do have passion, support and faith.

If it were January and we were still failing to impress then MAYBE we would have a right to moan - but it's October and we have a very exciting team & I must say Man City was one of the greatest days I've had as an Albion fan so Micky instead of a moan from me, you'll get a big THANK YOU. :)

Keep the Faith is obviously not strong enough for you, Keep the Blind Faith would suit better I think

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To those who have voted "other", what is it that is not already in the poll that you would have chosen?

I voted other as the question was 'are you anti Adams', but the poll choices are all about whether you want him sacked.

I'm clearly not his greatest fan, but its pretty obvious that another change of manager would be counter-productive.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Personally I do think he's the right man for the job (I'd take him over Wilkins anytime).

But I don't think that's the main issue here. People can have their own rough opinion of Adams, as he's not been here long enough to tell. But neither the people that love him, or don't think he's a good manager can JUDGE just yet at this early stage, and so for the time being, get behind the team and Adams until we really have cause to complain - ie towards the end of the season.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Are you suggesting that anyone who doesn't rate Adams' is an idiot?

Or that such people don't SUPPORT the club, or feel passionately about it all?

Because if you are, you're the narrow-minded idiot.

The facts are that Adams has an awful lot to do, to prove to me and many others that he is capable of building a succesful, entertaining football team, without the happy bonus of stumbling across a world class centre forward.

Since Zamora-era Albion he's achieved NOTHING. Dress that up how you like.

Now before you get all excited, I don't boo or moan at games. I get behind the team, as its success on the pitch that matters. I don't slate players on here or elsewhere. I spend hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of pounds a year giving the club that support, and drag my two young kids along to grow up to do the same.

But, PERSONALLY, I don't think Mickey Adams is the messiah. If that's alright with you.

Yeah I think we're all well aware of what you think by now.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I don't get the purpose of this really. If your poll suggests that the majority want him gone will he get sacked? Or if the majority say he's ok do others lose their right to an opinion and have to have his name tattoed on thir eyelids?

Some people don't like him (window lickers and idiots apparently), some think he's OK and others think he is the messiah. Doesn't take a genius to work it out.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
good poll

No, good idea, bad poll.

It really is quite easy, the poll should be:

Not at all, he's the right man for the job
Wavering but leaning towards in
Fence
Wavering but leaning towards out
I want him gone
Other

That way it's very easy to see how the opinion lies, this graph will be a pain in the arse!

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here